Chronomatic (cal 11) watchmaker?

Thread: Chronomatic (cal 11) watchmaker?

Chronomatic (cal 11) watchmaker?

I have an early Hamilton Chronomatic B with the calibre 11 Chrono-Matic movement (no "I" under the balance wheel). I took it in to a local guy, and to make a long story short, it was beyond his capabilities. While he replaced the crystal and got the sub dials to zero properly, the second hand now jumps back when the chrono is stopped. Took it back to him, he had it forever, and never fixed it so I would like to find someone who has direct experience with this movement.

As this exact movement was used in Heuers and Breitlings also, I would think there would be some good recommendations out there. Who have you used? Anyone have the jumping issue before?

The requisite picture:

Re: Chronomatic (cal 11) watchmaker?

It's a long shot but TAG Heuer does have a vintage watch service and seeing as they were the most prolific users of the movement, they might be your best bet.
    I doubt Hamilton (Swatch) or Breitling would have the same sort of resource as TAGHeuer would with respects to the movement.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

Re: Chronomatic (cal 11) watchmaker?

My Navitimer 809 is at the Breitling vintage shop now - I understand Breitling outsources it to someone there in the village, so it might be more reasonable that they would do another brand instead of the in-house Heuer shop ... I will have to see how the Breitling comes back ...

Thread Information