WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Chronoswiss Grand Pacific Chronograph Question?

2K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  swissmade12406 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, Just received my Chronoswiss Grand Pacific Chronograph (the green thing) purchased from a very reputable online Gray market dealer, The watch is gorgeous and I would find no reason for concern if not for the absence of any engraving between the lugs. Has Chronoswiss discontinued this type of engraving? Any information will be appreciated.

#3 ·
Mike, I actually purchased my watch in part due to your review here. My version is the black dial with the dlc coated bezel and it is stunning. The fit and finish rival any watch I own and the fluting on the crown and pushers really set this watch apart. I assume you still have yours and continue to enjoy it?
A member from another forum has informed me that He thinks Chronoswiss has indeed discontinued the engraving between the lugs, so hopefully all is OK with my watch. Phillip

#18 ·
Email just received from Monika at Chronoswiss and She said the Grand Pacific is actually manufactured both ways.
No real explanation as to why or if it is the newer models that do not have the between the lug engraving. Thanks everyone for your input as this thread may be of interest to someone else in future.

#20 ·
Just a final update. After two emails to Chronoswiss about the day wheel and a week later asked by Chronoswiss to be patient I emailed Yoni at Gemnation about the issue. He promptly called Chronoswiss and was told the WEN was indeed a manufacturer error. Can you believe that?
It is inconceivable to me how Chronoswiss could have made that error.
Needless to say the watch is going back to Chronoswiss for the correct day wheel.

#24 ·
I would ask Chronoswiss to send me the correct date wheel (with proof of yours) and keep it with the watch. Might be a great selling point down the road, to have both.

I prefer to have a logo on the crown or a full onion.

Nice watch... Chronoswiss fan!

#28 ·
Looking for advice Guys. I really have concerns about returning the watch.
This is actually the second watch, the first had been dropped and gained an hour in twelve hours. Came in with the corner of the boxed damaged so very obvious.
Gemnation would only refund and not exchange saying they had no more GP's in stock. I asked for a manager and after a couple of emails with Yoni Yudin he agreed to an exchange. This watch other than the day wheel is perfect. No cosmetic blemishes, all mechanical functions work properly and the watch keeps near perfect time.
The watch was purchased during the recent flash sale at appropriately 80% off the $6500.00 retail so the money was right.
My concern is if this issue is enough to let the watch get out of my hands?
Gemnation could at anytime just refund my money and I would have little recourse.
The watch could be lost or damaged.
My gut feeling is to keep it. Opinions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.