Citizen Eco Drive Perpetual Chrono AT4008-01E

Thread: Citizen Eco Drive Perpetual Chrono AT4008-01E

Citizen Eco Drive Perpetual Chrono AT4008-01E

been looking for this watch, im a complete noob, looking for something to wear every day thats reliable and accurate.

i've settled on this AT4008-01E, but no one seems to have it in stock ANYWHERE. anyone have any info on it or own it? is it a new model?...seems like its back-ordered everywhere.

also open to other suggestions, looking to spend 500 or less, and want a rubber strap since i'm pretty active.

also wondering how good the "atomic clock" is on these things.

thanks guys.

Re: Citizen Eco Drive Perpetual Chrono AT4008-01E

My feeling is, that's a pretty busy-looking watch. Do you really need all those functions? It's kind of like having Las Vegas on your wrist!

I think many new watch collectors tend to initially gravitate towards the complicated "blingy" watches, chronos, etc. at first and then perhaps as tastes mature, they start to like the more subtle watch characteristics. Just an observation that may or may not hold water...

Regarding the "atomic" feature, I used to be obsessed with "atomic" watches but I discovered the problem is that I'd get upset if they didn't synch at night with the clock.

My experience with several "atomic" Casio watches is that they start to wander pretty quickly if they aren't synchchronized every day. So I sold all of them except for one, which I keep only on my dresser in a location where it (mostly) synchs every night, and I use it to set my other watches.

Anyway, for me personally, not sure I'd pick such a complicated watch as an every-day beater, but that's just me.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

i figured it wasn't as busy or as big as their skyhawk a.t., 42mm isnt huge by todays standards

also why does the atomic feature have to reset itself EVERY day? my feeling is that it should be pretty accurate to begin with and sync every now and then to make it perfect? i guess i dont really understand how the atomic watches work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

How well the atomic works does depend on where you live..Are you in range of a radio tower? I love busy watches,,when i first started collecting watches,I usually stuck with the more "boring" watches,then switched to collecting all quartz watches loaded with goodies.
    Mike

id assume it should sync up ok in nyc?

I don't think the watch officially comes out until this month. This site is taking pre-orders on the watch and seem to have a good price.

AT4008-01E Citizen Sport Perpetual Chrono AT Solar Quartz Chronograph Watch Black Dial - Citizen Watches

yeah they are all saying november now, ugh so irritating....i placed an order with a jeweler (authorized dealer) in NY for way better than gideon's price.

Thread Information