Citizen Eco-Drive problem.

Thread: Citizen Eco-Drive problem.

Citizen Eco-Drive problem.

Hello.
    I hope it's the right forum for that...
    I own a Citizen eco drive radio controlled watch.
    I live in Israel.
    That watch have a "sleep mode".
    So every morning when I open the window and it identify light, I see the sec hand spinning fast.
    The problem is that every time it wakes up from sleep, it wakes one hour late... And I need to set the time again.
    I'm afraid that the rapid pulls of the crown won't slowly destroy it...

Any idea's?

Re: Citizen Eco-Drive problem.

It sounds like you have to manually set the timezone for the watch.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Well...I can't find "time zone" at the manual...
    So i will set the mode to L-TM instead of TME...
    Maybe that will help?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, you might just have to use the L-TM mode instead. I can't seem to find how to set a fixed offset from a given time signal except using the L-TM mode.

http://www.citizenwatch-global.com/s...pdf/e670/e.pdf

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

To set a permanent one hour offset it is enough to perform the zero hands procedure indicated in the manual to align the hands but instead of setting the hours hand to 12 you set it to 1. In this way the watch will 'believe' it is showing its internal time while in actual facts it will be one hour ahead which is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilovolt View Post
    To set a permanent one hour offset it is enough to perform the zero hands procedure indicated in the manual to align the hands but instead of setting the hours hand to 12 you set it to 1. In this way the watch will 'believe' it is showing its internal time while in actual facts it will be one hour ahead which is what you need.
    Yeah, I thought about that, but I didn't know if that would mess anything else up.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    Yeah, I thought about that, but I didn't know if that would mess anything else up.
    It doesn't.

There's been recently a few types of Citizen radio controlled watches that do not have Central Europe time, just London. This trick of offsetting the zero position is very popular here in Italy to overcome the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilovolt View Post
    It doesn't.

There's been recently a few types of Citizen radio controlled watches that do not have Central Europe time, just London. This trick of offsetting the zero position is very popular here in Italy to overcome the problem.
    Good to know, thanks for sharing the tip.

Great! I will do it now... Thank you!

Thread Information