Citizen Promaster 300m WR
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By carlowus

Thread: Citizen Promaster 300m WR

Citizen Promaster 300m WR

I was looking for a daily wearer that I would use without worrying of knocking it around a bit. I like large watches and divers, naturally I had seen this model before and had some mixed feelings about it. As a matter of fact I never saw some decent pics and so I was a little cold about it. But I thought it would have been nice to check it out and even though affordably priced, it was still a little high for a knock around watch. However I was able to find one for a decent price and took the chance. The watch is well made as one would expect of Citizen. It is 300m WR so that part is covered. I thought it would be larger but it is actually a good size. The rubber strap is really soft and feels great, interestingly it is also long enough for my wrist. It is lightly perfumed however so I tried to replace it with a Zulu and could not... the distance between the spring bar and the case is not enough to allow a Zulu strap in there. Maybe a Nato since some of these are a little thinner. Lume is great, on par with the best Citizens, and while maybe a little less bright then the Ecozilla, it nevertheless lasts all night and one never has uncertainties in telling the time no matter how dark it is provided of course one has charged the lume.

Eco drive technology is pretty reliable and one good thing is that the seconds hand like up with the markers. What I did not like too much is the fact that the hands are a little short, the minute hand and the seconds hand in my opinion, should reach closer to the markers. They are a couple of mm shy and while not a bit deal, it's nevertheless something I would like changed. I was even thinking of installing another set of hands but not quite yet.

The lume on the hand is also green which is different from the marker which is blue. The bezel also has a green marker where the pip should be but it is not a triangle or a dot, it is a number 60. the bezel spins fine and lines up pretty well.

For the money this is a great watch. I saw the PVD version on a leather strap and it looked really great. It is not too thick so reasonably low profile. Not sure about the black pvd bit on the 9 o'clock of the watch, I guess it is someone's idea of design but I would have preferred it to be the same steel color.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy some pics.

Popoki Nui and Igorek like this.

Re: Citizen Promaster 300m WR

I've seen stock shots of that watch but the real life photos are much better. I like it and I'm guessing it's a lot of bang for your buck and I think solar powered quartz movements are really cool.

Nice looking Citizen. Thanks for posting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I owned this for a while, with depth gauge and chronograph, and also found it to be quite a nice watch.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub 106, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

It looks like a solid practical diver. Congrats on your new Citizen!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Thank you and yes it is a nice watch overall. I originally got it as daily wearer and it is perfect for that.

Thread Information