Citizen Promaster Tough vs Victorinox INOX
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Citizen Promaster Tough vs Victorinox INOX

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Citizen Promaster Tough vs Victorinox INOX

Hello all,

I'm newly registered here to ask one question: does the INOX offer me anything the promaster tough doesn't have?

I'm looking for a simple, durable, all metal watch that can be worn with dress clothes, but also not too flashy that it can't be worn with casual wear. I slightly prefer the look of the INOX, but the price is higher and I'm not excited that it is battery powered. Other than the date window being smaller on the Citizen, I can't find a downside to it. Is there a good reason I shouldn't just log out here and click buy on the promaster tough right now???

Thanks!

Re: Citizen Promaster Tough vs Victorinox INOX

I don't know too much about the Promaster, but you might want to check this earlier review thread:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/ci...w-4860045.html

Thank you! I did appreciate the insight of the article. Just looking for more specific input from the fine folks here. Especially anyone who had one or both.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Personally, I find the Promaster to be very sporty and that limits its wearability for me. The INOX on the other hand has a more dressy feel that you can dress up or down based on your wardrobe.

Comparing the specs, the Promaster is a better buy in my opinion though. If you think the Promaster fits more with your style, then I'd get that.
    Simon likes this.
    At My Gift Stop, we aim to help our customers save by offering a quick and easy solution in finding amazing last-minute gifts for their friends and loved ones! We believe in being of service and want to give back!

The great people at Direct Relief help those affected by poverty or struck by disasters to improve both their health and their lives. We want to do our part in supporting this noteworthy cause by giving 5% of each sale's purchase price to Direct Relief.

I compared both in the flesh and bought the INOX. The dial and case on the INOX were a little more detailed, and I thought, well done. Also, I really liked the gray textured dial that was available only in the INOX. Both seemed very heavy duty, durable watches, but it seemed to me Victorinox nailed the "indestructible" vibe a little better. The price difference was worth it to me, but the Citizen is also an outstanding watch. I would have bought it without hesitation, had I seen it by itself.
    brandon\ likes this.

Cant go wrong with either - I like 'em both
    I think both are super watches, very cool & and a great price
    Personally, I would probably go for the Citizen cos I like citizen's general vibe & its cheaper & to my mind, 'purer' aesthetically, but
    if I only had a few watches, and/or this was to be a daily wearer, I would go Victorinox
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

citizen all the time
    Name:  vZ4VbP7.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  3.52 MB
    Name:  dUUMtnx.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  971.7 KB

The Victorinox was my first choice until I did a price comparison and also found the inox lume was lacking. The inox is also a little too big for my tastes. +1 for the mention of the inox being better insofar as being dressier. I ultimately bought the black promaster tough because I was going to use it primarily at work. My good friend also wanted to get the inox but like me, after close examination its initial attraction waned. Stupid prices in Australia make the mechanical cost $1200aus. My tough cost me about 3 fiddy from Jomashop.

Of the two that you have listed: if you want a watch that is tough, low maintenance and the best value for the money, then I would go with the Citizen Promaster Tough.

In case you did not see it, there was a recent thread about rugged, durable work/every day watches that discusses the Citizen Promaster Tough that you may want to review:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/rug...h-4939423.html

Thank you to all who took the time to help out this noob.

Is there not a stigma around here with battery powered watches? Compared to solar and automatics I was surprised the battery in the INOX was so widely excepted.

Thickness is important because I already have a watch that is too big for me to get a buttoned sleeve over. The Citizen being a few millimeters thinner would be a plus for me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information