Citizen Shine Braille Watch

Thread: Citizen Shine Braille Watch

Citizen Shine Braille Watch

Merry Christmas to all! I have a question about a Christmas gift. My wife has gifted me with at least 14 watches over the years and this year I got a watch that I am TOTALLY unfamiliar with. It is a watch made by Citizen Shine and is designed for the visually impaired. The crystal flips open and the markers are raised. I have not found anything helpful on the web. Help!

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Re: Citizen Shine Braille Watch

I have seen one before and it seemed quite interesting. I suppose the hands must be mounted quite strongly on the post as you are physically touching he hands to tell time.

I wonder whether digital watch is better for blind people (the kind that talks). Of course, blind person with real money will just get IWC minute repeater. :)
    Chronic flipper...

Pictures would be nice.
    Dee & Ricky G-shock, Dornbluth 99.1 IWC Big Pilot, Selvin, JLC Memovox, Omega Speedy Pro, Vintage Seamaster,PAM 243 Rolex 1675, 16600, 16610, 16610LV, 114300, Slava Big Zero, Tudor Snowflake Vostok 2013 WUS Amphibia

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I bought a bunch of HMT Blindwatches a couple of years ago, which I gave to the local Blind people.
    Compared to a "normal" watch, the only difference is that the crystal flips open.

Do not forget that the Blind are used to read braille etc, and have an extremely delicate touch and feel in their fingertips.

OP! Your wife is teling you something...
    But what? That "you are blind and missing something" ? What?

Thread Information