WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Citizen or Tissot quarz?

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Brasseye 
#1 ·
Hello, i have to make a gitf...
The recipient is not young, but it is a sports person, I have tried to investigate, and I know he likes: to read dials, metal bracelet, and especially the lightness of the watch.
He's a scubadiver so it could be maybe keeps the clock when he go under water (mainly because you forget to remove it!).
He use a clock every day.(Before he had a swatch chrono titanium, or at less had the look and lightness of titanium).

I do not know which to choose between these 2 models:

1)Citizen "Crono Eco Drive 861" cod.AT0861-54E

2)Tissot "T-sport prc 200 crono" cod.T014.410.16.057.00

Help me please!

ps. sorry for my terrible english!

See less See more
#2 ·
While both watches are nice, personally I prefer the Tissot for its more classic looks. Either will serve well I believe. Have you considered a more "diver" oriented watch, being as you stated he dives? Might make for a heavier piece, but more utilitarian.

#3 ·
That Citizen looks like the bastard spawn of Mr. Freeze and a T-1000. Get the PRC. If you want a Citizen, there's a chrono w/ perpetual calendar, 200m WR, diver's bezel. That'd be a solid watch, but I don't care for its aesthetics and its lack of sapphire crystal.
There are also many diver's watches in this price range... Seiko, Citizen, Orient, Certina, Tissot, VSA, etc...

#4 ·
Seems like "Japan made or Swiss made" question for me :)

Technically both of them use great quartz movements, but aesthetically I'd say Tissot.

#5 ·
I have a few days to make the gift, unfortunately I haven't time to look for other models...I found this Citizen and that Tissot in a shop near my house.

I like Citizen because it is lightweight (the recipient like the "light clocks")
Tissot is the most beautiful but is heavier (140gr)
...both have a good movement?
...you think that the Tissot it's a "heavy clock"?

(tissot wr 200mt; citizen wr 100mt)

thx!!

#7 ·
really no other options??? becuase there are soo many other citizen out there that fit the bill of classic looking!!! oh well i say stay with citizen, i personally find tissot to be a boring brand now that i own 2 citizen.

why go with the citizen you picked?

titanium !!! is amazing to handle because its soo lite even though your watch is a little big.

eco drive!!! is (i personally find) a really cool feature to have and its something you can talk about.

and that citizen dial correct me if im wrong is a lot more fun to look at then just a plain flat black dial because the citizen one has depth to it.

#8 ·
Oh well, the last few days to decide :-s

1) Aesthetically I like both, a little more the Tissot because the design it's simple and perhaps more suitable for his age.
2) I thought of a watch for diving, but this watch is to wear every day, and watches for diving I do not like aesthetically, they are all "big"!
The Tissot and wr200mt and citizen wr100mt
3) I know that the recipient likes the light clock... the Citizen is titanium, tissot weighs 140gr (0,31 lb)

The Tissot is more beautiful in my opinion, but perhaps citizen is the right choice because one day the customer has said: "I don't like wearing heavy watches"
If a person says this, you takes a tissot weighs 140gr (0.31 lbs)?
At the end the only thing that doesn't make me decide is the weight!
I do not wear watches, in your opinion, a watch that weighs 0.31lb, it's heavy? Help me to decide please o|

thx!

#10 ·
I do not fancy heavy watches too and most of my watches are under 100g with the heaviest at 150g. Some members here have some that weigh beyond 200g ...

IMO, most Stainless Steel Bracelet watches will weigh in above 100g unless we're talking about those with smaller dials (36-38mm).

If the friend of yours is one that wears a watch often, 140g shouldn't really be considered a heavy artillery at all. Well, that's my guess ...

#11 · (Edited)
I found, from whatever little information is available on the net, that the Citizen has Sapphire and this brings the Citizen closer to the Tissot in terms of durability. The crystal is the object that starts to look the worst after sometime wearing the watch daily. The only difference now is the metal, titanium vs steel. Titanium is light but scratches more easily than steel, so its your choice there what is more important: weight or durability. I recommended the Tissot before because I thought the Citizen does not have sapphire (as most citizens don't). Now I will say that the race is very close. The size of the Tissot is listed at Amazon as 39.8 vs. the Citizen at 46mm. This is difficult as well because I believe the Tissot is too small while the Citizen is a bit bigger than I'd like. However based on the specs I'd choose the Citizen because I like how it looks and the bigger size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.