Citizen Windsurfer 42-8035 GN-4-S.

Thread: Citizen Windsurfer 42-8035 GN-4-S.

Good Morning Everyone...

I come to this forum as a last resort to find the following
    Name:  img0474fi9.jpg
Views: 5908
Size:  79.0 KB

If anyone knows of any dealers that may have this watch in stock please leave a post thank you.

Re: Citizen Windsurfer 42-8035 GN-4-S.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth237 View Post
    Good Morning Everyone...

I come to this forum as a last resort to find the following

<snip>

If anyone knows of any dealers that may have this watch in stock please leave a post thank you.
    Seth237,

I'm not a dealer, but do have this exact watch. Below are some photos, as I promised you via PM this morning. This watch was well-used, being my sole watch for everything from when I bought it in 1992 until I upgraded to a Citizen diver in about '05.

Also from my PM: It needs a strap and spring bars, but is otherwise in good condition. No significant scratches or dings to the case or crystal, which surprises me given the wear I inflicted on the diver I replaced it with in '05. The time, alarm, stop watch, 5-minute timer (up to 60 min), and 1-minute timer (up to 30 min) functions all work, including the chime. The dial light also works, so I believe it's fully functional.

I have the original manual, warranty book (long since out of date), and receipt. I bought it from JC Penney in Grass Valley, CA, back in '92. After all the battery changes it's been through, I'm happy to note that it's still in such good shape. One mall kiosk battery replacement left me with one mismatched screw, of the four holding the back in place. It's a standard-head screw rather than the stock philips/standard it came in with.

As I believe I noted in a thread posting, Citizen no longer warrants this watch as waterproof. They say they no longer carry the proper rubber seal, so cannot replace it.

Facing front. Note some minor scratching on the crystal and some wear around the edges of the bezel.

Caseback. The mismatched screw is in the top right spot.

Right side, showing the Set and Reset buttons. The white on the case edges is mostly light reflection; there's a bit of steel (aluminum?) showing through corner above the red Set button.

Left side, with the Mode and Light buttons. Again, only the case corners appear to be worn through, with the rest of the edge coloring here being light reflection.

Here's a shot of the watch with the original paperwork.

Finally, the Windsurfer beside my current baby, a Benarus Moray 2.

(Oops! I should have wiped off the Moray before taking this shot. That's gunk, not dings!)

Greg

Re: Citizen Windsurfer 42-8035 GN-4-S.

Hi Seth and Hi Greg,
    as i´m searching for spareparts for the Cal D060, i stumbled at this thread.
    If the watch shown wnts to change its owner, i cal offer an original strap because during my resaerches i actually found a dealer who still has got 2 Straos in stock.
    If one of you could help me to get a start and a Stop Button, id like to habd over an original Strap in exchange.
    You can answer by e-mail, if you´re interested.Name:  Windsurfer.jpg
Views: 2954
Size:  380.3 KB

Thread Information