Cleaning your watches after swimming...
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Cleaning your watches after swimming...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Cleaning your watches after swimming...

Hey all. I tried to find this topic in past posts...but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. If you wear your watches (modern watches...obviously) swimming, how do you clean them afterward? Do you use a different method to clean them after a swimming pool, as opposed to ocean swimming? I have just been giving them a soak in clean/filtered water, running the bezel a bit under water to clean any salt or residue from under the bezel. Anyway, your comments are most appreciated...

Re: Cleaning your watches after swimming...

I just have a shower with them on, easy :)

Looks like you're doing it right!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasovnik View Post
    Hey all. I tried to find this topic in past posts...but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. If you wear your watches (modern watches...obviously) swimming, how do you clean them afterward? Do you use a different method to clean them after a swimming pool, as opposed to ocean swimming? I have just been giving them a soak in clean/filtered water, running the bezel a bit under water to clean any salt or residue from under the bezel. Anyway, your comments are most appreciated...
    rfortson likes this.
    Lee Rappeport

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The rare times I wear mine swimming, I rise off with warm water and microfiber towel dry.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Yes, there is not much more to it than what you've mentioned yourself. I do wonder why anyone would want to swim with his watch strapped on, either in open water or a pool. I really don't see what purpose this serves. Same for showering with your watch. Do you really need to check time while taking a swim or a shower? To me this is just taking a risk with your watch for no purpose. But enlighten me if I am wrong.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FIG-LX1 met Tapatalk

As a part of the fresh water rinse process I will turn the bezel several times all the way around under a gentle flow of water to flush out any further salt or sand that might get trapped. After the rinse I pat the watch dry and let it sit for a while to completely dry before attempting to unscrew the crown.
    Chasovnik likes this.
    We may be lost but we're making good time.

I never wear mine swimming--I just don't need to know what time it is every second of every day--there are times when it is nice not to be wearing a watch, and swimming is certainly one of those times.

I have a few dive watches I actually dive with. My seiko skx has been 30-100 feet down many times I just rinse it real good with fresh water and spin the bezel and it’s good to go

Quote Originally Posted by J_NL View Post
    Yes, there is not much more to it than what you've mentioned yourself. I do wonder why anyone would want to swim with his watch strapped on, either in open water or a pool. I really don't see what purpose this serves. Same for showering with your watch. Do you really need to check time while taking a swim or a shower? To me this is just taking a risk with your watch for no purpose. But enlighten me if I am wrong.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FIG-LX1 met Tapatalk
    Because I need to know when to get the kids out of the pool so we're not late for dinner/ can check out of the hotel on time. Also so I can time how long it's been since the kids have had an application of sunscreen.

Chasovnik, as others have said, you're doing it right. I rinse mine under the tap and turn the bezel a few times, especially after swimming in a lake or the ocean.
    SkiMon likes this.

It's easier to just not jump in a pool / the sea with your watch on unless you actually need one while actually diving.

If 99% of all dive watches were only rated for splash protection, hardly anyone would notice. That said, distilled water, tissues to soak up excess water, soft MF cloth to finish.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information