Coca-Cola Swatch

Thread: Coca-Cola Swatch

Coca-Cola Swatch

Hi I found a Coca-Cola Swatch I think from 1986 but I can't find anything on any site about it, not even squiggly any help please? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Coca-Cola Swatch

Does it say SWATCH ?

Moved to the more suitable forum btw.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I don't think that is actually a Swatch. It doesn't have the Swatch lugs and as far as I know, Swatch does not use crown guards. The design and the back is very much Swatch-like.
    -Brian

Watch Nerd

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyb View Post
    I don't think that is actually a Swatch. It doesn't have the Swatch lugs and as far as I know, Swatch does not use crown guards. The design and the back is very much Swatch-like.
    Swatch did not make this watch. Swatch straps have several distinct designs and I have never seen this one. Most likely this was stamped out in Malaysia or some province in China by an entity that does nothing but contract work, not branded work.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

@Sbarret3
    Your Coca Cola watch, although not technically a Swatch "brand" watch, was definately made by the Swatch Parent Company of ETA, under the ENDURA private label division. You should see somewhere on the edge of the dial the words "Swiss Made" and on the back "Patented Water Resistant" and the ETA logo.
    Because of the Popularity of the Swatch in the middle 1980's, They were approached by the Coca Cola company to make Coke brand Swatch watches; however, Swatch did not ever want the Swatch identity to be tied to any other brand, so using similar techniques to the production of the Swatch watch, ETA created some new and unique case and strap designs for the Coca Cola brand. Coke and Swatch watches use the same battery hatch, dial, hands, strap pins, and strap buckles. Production lasted from around 1987 to 1988; a very short run because of low sales.
    Last edited by sir_swatch; September 12th, 2011 at 03:08. Reason: updated information

I also have a coca cola swatch watch from approx. 1984 the one with the black band and the black suit, white shirt, red buttons
    and black bowtie while holding a can of cocacolaName:  100_2267.JPG
Views: 2246
Size:  146.8 KB. I got it when i was in 7th grade and have had it packed away until recently but I can't find any information on them. I ran into 1 issue with mine though, the band broke when I picked it up out of the box. About broke my heart, I remember paying $50.00 for it back then at the mall. I was so proud i earned that much money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrownholmes View Post
    I got it when i was in 7th grade and have had it packed away until recently but I can't find any information on them. I ran into 1 issue with mine though, the band broke when I picked it up out of the box. About broke my heart, I remember paying $50.00 for it back then at the mall. I was so proud i earned that much money for it.
    Welcome to the forum! And I'm sorry to hear about your band breaking.

You were saving up in the 7th grade to by a watch?! You sooo belong here!

Quote Originally Posted by ColinW View Post
    You were saving up in the 7th grade to by a watch?! You sooo belong here!
    Well said. .

RS

Follow Me

Thread Information