Cocktails with Bremont! Recap with photos
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Timeless Luxury Watches
  • 1 Post By CitizenM
  • 1 Post By SteamJ

Thread: Cocktails with Bremont! Recap with photos

Sponsor Timeless Luxury Watches's Avatar

Cocktails with Bremont! Recap with photos

Thanks to everyone who joined us last night for drinks with Bremont and Chivas Regal at Timeless Luxury Watches in Frisco. We all had a lot of fun talking to North America's Bremont leadership, Mike Pearson, and he gave a terrific history lesson on the brand and where they will be going in the future. Of course, the highlight of the evening was seeing all the new watches, like the new Boeing models and the Terra Nova LE, but particularly the Wright Flyer. Thanks again to everyone coming out! We look forward to seeing you all in the near future at our next event.

rfortson, SteamJ and jayabharath like this.

Re: Cocktails with Bremont! Recap with photos

I took a lot of photos of the Wright Flyer, specifically the movement, while I was there. Movement debates aside, I can definitely say it's gorgeous and the size is perfect for the case. It's a really interesting looking movement because it's totally flat with the exception of the rotor. Also, although I'm not particularly sentimental with historical stuff, I was surprised with how large and prominent the Wright Flyer wing material was in the rotor. In other photos it looks microscopic, but in real life, it's easy to see and quite three dimensional.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it in a more affordable full production model.

Check out how flat the top plate of the movement is. If you take the rotor off it would be virtually indistinguishable from a good hand wound. I would encourage Bremont to offer some hand wound options in the future with the new movement.

Very artistic and unusual click there.

Here's the cloth from the Wright Flyer. There's been some discussion over the real origin of this material. According to Mike Pearson, if I'm understanding him right, this material was not on the current plane (makes sense), but it actually was on it originally then taken off when the plane was put into storage. I'm sure I'm not getting the story 100% right, but as I understand it, yes, this was not simply from the batch of material made for the plane, it was actually used in the first flight and later preserved.
    SteamJ likes this.

It was as great evening and thanks to Dan and Anna and Michael from Bremont for having it. Brett, that's correct from what I recall of Michael's explanation. I believe the controversy is that some people believed that the cloth actually came from spare muslin that was not used on the original plane. The reality, from what he told us, is that the wings were taken apart and all of the cloth was labeled by section. When the plane came back to the US there was a spare 14" x 15" piece left over from the wings and the Wright family offered it to Bremont to use on the watches. So the small piece of cloth in every rotor did in fact fly on the plane. What an amazing and rare experience to actually see it and hold it up close as well.
    CitizenM likes this.
    - Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SteamJ View Post
    It was as great evening and thanks to Dan and Anna and Michael from Bremont for having it. Brett, that's correct from what I recall of Michael's explanation. I believe the controversy is that some people believed that the cloth actually came from spare muslin that was not used on the original plane. The reality, from what he told us, is that the wings were taken apart and all of the cloth was labeled by section. When the plane came back to the US there was a spare 14" x 15" piece left over from the wings and the Wright family offered it to Bremont to use on the watches. So the small piece of cloth in every rotor did in fact fly on the plane. What an amazing and rare experience to actually see it and hold it up close as well.
    Ah, thank you for the clarification. I knew I wasn't remembering it exactly right.

Now you have to get that MBII...I'm getting ready to buy a new watch and I'd feel better if we were both broke.

Thread Information