Color Orange

Thread: Color Orange

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Color Orange

Alot of the watches (dive watches in particular) seem to be following a color orange trend whether it be the dial, bezel or both. Can't really warm up to that color. How many others find it hard to embrace the color orange. I am not trying to thrash(learned this word on the Panerai forum) the color orange but I do prefer the color blue.

Re: Color Orange

I cant do it either. Im not a fan of the orange watches. It doesnt help either that Im having a hard time warming up to diver watches too.. which seem to be the majority of the orange stuff out there.
    - Nick

Cars or Watches... that is the question!

stuffler,mike

Hope this answers your question:

Here´s my DC 56 on orange rubber by Morellato

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm actually a fan of orange

It's a highly visible color and that probably has something to do with its popularity in dive watches. It is kind of an "in your face" color but serves me well when I want a sportier look.
    Best Regards,
    Ray K

I love Orange as well!

gsm

Well, I like orange just a little Gsm

Yes I'm partial to a little orange...but yellows OK too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ian
    Fortis B42 Diver GMT & Fortis B42 Cosmonauts
    Omega Seamaster Professinal & Omega Planet Ocean 45.5
    Glycine Airman SST 06 12/24 GMT,
    Rolex Submariner (F Series 16610)
    Tag Heuer Exclusive 2000 chrono,
    O & W Mirage MK II
    YAO Seiko 7S26-0029
    Breitling Superocean 42 (LE Orange),
    Ball Skindiver
    Seiko Srp 773 (blue) 'turtle'

I tend to be a pretty traditional/conservative guy in terms of my taste in style/design. But I can be bold. Many say the fact that I have a fondness for large/diver watches proves this. I however prefer black/blue/white watches but I would like to eventually own the following bold colors: orange, green, and well thats it.

Probably not something I'd wear everyday or very often
    Invicta 8926
    clebar
    alsta

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

Hi,

This is an old chestnut for those that don't dive and wonder what all the orange dials are about. Here is a good explanation nicked from the depths of wikipedia..

"With increasing depth underwater, sunlight is absorbed, and the amount of visible light diminishes. Because absorption is greater for long wavelengths (red end of the visible spectrum) than for short wavelengths (blue end of the visible spectrum), the colour spectrum is rapidly altered with increasing depth. White objects at the surface appear bluish underwater, and red objects appear dark, even black. Although light penetration will be less if water is turbid, in the very clear water of the open ocean less than 25% of the surface light reaches a depth of 10 m (33 feet). At 100 m (330 ft) the light present from the sun is about 0.5% of that at the surface."

So the first question is.... Why would they put white hour markers on an orange background?

Answer:........................................... ......................................(2 marks)
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

Quote Originally Posted by otaku View Post
    I tend to be a pretty traditional/conservative guy in terms of my taste in style/design. But I can be bold. Many say the fact that I have a fondness for large/diver watches proves this. I however prefer black/blue/white watches but I would like to eventually own the following bold colors: orange, green, and well thats it.

Probably not something I'd wear everyday or very often
    I thought I was the same. Every watch I had was either blue/black/white dial. One day on a whim while watching Swiss Watch International on ShopNBC I decided to look at their auctions. There was a Seiko Orange Monster going fairly cheap. I bid on it thinking I would be outbid. I ended up getting the watch for right at $100 shipped.

When It arrived I opened it and said WOW! It was beautiful. I wore it almost every day until I bought my Doxa, which the orange color is even richer and deeper, truly beutiful. So in other words, this conservative guy has had an orange dialed watch on his wrist almost every day for the past year.

It very easily grows on you and I never once received any compliments on my other watches including the Rolex's I owned (and sold) but I have received compliments on the Seiko and the Doxa almost every time I am out in public with them such as at the Mall shopping. They do get noticed and it appears a decent percentage of the general population like them. I originally thought I would get laughed at wearing an orange watch.

Smurfe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information