Coming up on 2 year WUS Anniversary: my embarrassing list of watches since then
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Coming up on 2 year WUS Anniversary: my embarrassing list of watches since then

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Coming up on 2 year WUS Anniversary: my embarrassing list of watches since then

So, I found WUS in December of 2014, when I was researching Deep Blue watches. Since then, I have gone on a crazy, and enjoyable, ride of buying, trading, and flipping watches. I decided to make a list of the watches in order of when I had them. They were mostly flips through sales and purchases, with only a few trades along the way. In the end, it's mostly been the purchasing of straps for a few watches which has me in the 'under' category, as I've been able to come out mostly even with my purchases and flips. It's embarrassing, but here goes. I'll begin with the watch I had before this all started:

1. Omega Seamaster Professional 300 (black wave Bond edition)
    2. Deep Blue Sea Ram 500 Quartz
    3. Hamilton Pan Europ three hand (blue dial)
    4. Sinn 103 a sa (panda)
    5. Maranez Bangla (brass)
    6. Squale 20 Atmos Heritage
    7. Damasko DA 373
    8. Seiko Cocktail Time
    9. Cobra de Calibre DLC/bronze
    10. Damasko DA 45
    11. Helson Whitebeard
    12. Benarus Megalodon
    13. Omega Seamaster electric blue
    14. Dievas Vintage hand wind
    15. Hamilton Khakhi Field Chrono
    16. Sinn UX SDR
    17. Tudor Black Bay Red
    18 . Oris Divers Sixty-Five
    19. Seiko SRP775 (turtle)
    20. Doxa Sub 750T Caribbean
    21. Seiko SRP6531K1 (baby tuna)
    22. Helberg CH6 bronze
    23. Stowa Flieger automatic
    24. Sinn 103 Acrylic
    25. Sinn 103 a sa b (LE)
    26. Helson Sharkdiver Bronze
    27. Tutima Grand Classic Chrono
    28. Nomos Ahoi Atlantik
    29. MKii Kingston
    30. Stowa Seatime Prodiver
    31. Tudor Black Bay Black
    32. Omega Speedmaster MKII reissue
    33. Damasko DB4 (LE)
    34. Eterna Kontiki date (white/blue)

The only ones I currently own are:
    Sinn UX, Sinn 103 a sa b, Damasko DB4, Eterna Kontiki date

It's been some ride. I've spent part of every day on this website, learning more, seeing what I like, posting pictures, thoughts, and reading a ton. I hope I've contributed in some positive way to the community.

Thanks all!
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Rolex Milgauss Z Blue
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Sinn U1 T
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

Re: Coming up on 2 year WUS Anniversary: my embarrassing list of watches since then

Why would you feel embarrassed? It's a great way to enjoy this passion and one very good way to determine likes (ask me how I know ) and dislikes. And if you're almost even after all that, well I shoulda' consulted you when I first got the bug, dang . . .
    Last edited by drhr; October 23rd, 2016 at 07:17. Reason: add )
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Re: Coming up on 2 year WUS Anniversary: my embarrassing list of watches since then

Wow. You're a god. Don't know how you've found the time for all of that trading. I'm impressed. I wish I could manage that kind of velocity...

Having discovered WUS about the same time, I think I've bought four or five, sold three or four. Good for you. Hope it's been fun!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That is some serious watch flipping, I'm actually really impressed that you were able to go through all those watches.

What watch are you lusting after currently?
    Current collection:
    Breitling Avenger II GMT
    Longines Hydroconquest L888
    Seiko Champion Calendar

Wishlist:
    Omega Planet Ocean

Awesome, 41Mets! Glad you're enjoying yourself.

Do you regret parting with any of your watches?

Name:  you so good.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  37.2 KB
    Verdi likes this.
    The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

I've been here for 6 years (I have to double check on that) and every day I learn something new and cool. It's not just about watches ya know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stratocasters Rock!

Hmmm...do I regret parting with any of them? Good question...

I think the answer is no, but a few things are still in my brain:

1. I got the black bay black after having had the red, and I think the red is still intriguing, but I wouldn't want it over anything I currently have.

2. Something in me is still interested in a bronze but I have a feeling if I got one it wouldn't stay with me.

3. I felt most badly about selling the Sinn 103 panda because I loved it, but I love the blue one that much more so I don't miss it.

I guess the answer is no.

And to answer the other comment, how did I have the time?

It helps to be single or to live alone and to determine what I want to do with my time. I've always enjoyed shopping. And I've never been too annoyed with returning something if it wasn't a good fit. On top of that I grew up collecting Tom Seaver memorabilia. So put the two things together and buying/selling and collecting and trying to find the best prices has always been an enjoyable pastime of mine.
    TJ Boogie likes this.

I can't say I'm lusting at anything, currently, because the Damasko and the Eterna were picked up pretty close to each other and it's the kontiki that I'd been interested in on and off for a year and a half.

Having more than four doesn't work for me. Actually four is really tough. I almost feel like I can't give enough time to each. If I were lusting after something else, I'd have to be okay with parting with one of mine and I'm not feeling that currently.
    tiki5698 likes this.

Interesting journey.. Certainly some cool watches along the way. That much flipping would make me crazy though, but it looks like your current lineup has some consistency to it - in as far as it was a journey where taste\preference was refined along the way.

I am almost tempted to ask as to the costs of flipping through 30 watches in such short time period. Too little time for any to appreciate... Were you able to return most for a refund or did you end up paying rent costs...
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information