Communications with Jack @ IWW
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Communications with Jack @ IWW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    31

    Communications with Jack @ IWW

    Out of curiosity, is anyone experiencing communications difficulty with Jack @ IWW of late? Or does he just take some time to reply emails.

    Asking coz this is the first time I am attempting to hire his services to get a watch fixed and would like to set my expectations right. Thanks all.

  2. #2
    Member Watches503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oakdale, CA
    Posts
    5,834

    Re: Communications with Jack @ IWW

    I always go with Rick Hoover of http://currenttimewatchworks.com

    He responds within minutes/hours on Facebook PM and has a quick turn around at very fair Orca fed. I've gone with him maybe 6-7 times by now. I know many others that used him too.








    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    phorealz likes this.
    Instagram: @divers_mainly

  3. #3
    Member sefrcoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Communications with Jack @ IWW

    Quote Originally Posted by Politbeero View Post
    Out of curiosity, is anyone experiencing communications difficulty with Jack @ IWW of late? Or does he just take some time to reply emails.

    Asking coz this is the first time I am attempting to hire his services to get a watch fixed and would like to set my expectations right. Thanks all.
    I dealt with Jack not long ago and he did a really stellar job. In terms of communication he was usually pretty good and replied within a day or two if I recall correctly. Once he was out of town and it took a little longer to hear back. How long have you been waiting?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    31

    Re: Communications with Jack @ IWW

    Quote Originally Posted by sefrcoko View Post
    I dealt with Jack not long ago and he did a really stellar job. In terms of communication he was usually pretty good and replied within a day or two if I recall correctly. Once he was out of town and it took a little longer to hear back. How long have you been waiting?
    Been waiting for around 4 days. I am quite used to vendors who are swamped with emails, just wondering if I should be concerned if my email didn't get through. Last thing anyone needs is for customers to inundate with needless emails.

  6. #5
    Member sefrcoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Communications with Jack @ IWW

    Quote Originally Posted by Politbeero View Post
    Been waiting for around 4 days. I am quite used to vendors who are swamped with emails, just wondering if I should be concerned if my email didn't get through. Last thing anyone needs is for customers to inundate with needless emails.
    Yes he's likely just a little backlogged or maybe out of town. I would give a bit more time before sending a follow up.

  7. #6
    Administrator CMSgt Bo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
    Posts
    36,400

    Re: Communications with Jack @ IWW

    Hi Politbeero,

    I've used Jack on several occasions, but like many customizers he is a one man show with a substantial following. I'd be patient and if he doesn't respond in a week or so I'd send a follow-up.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    31

    Re: Communications with Jack @ IWW

    Thanks all for the tips!

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    323

    Re: Communications with Jack @ IWW

    He had not responded to an email but he did pick up the phone when I called to follow up a couple weeks later.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    31

    Re: Communications with Jack @ IWW

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Block View Post
    He had not responded to an email but he did pick up the phone when I called to follow up a couple weeks later.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That will be my plan B assuming I do not get a reply. I do however live half way round the world from NC...

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas mostly
    Posts
    630

    Re: Communications with Jack @ IWW

    So, I was getting ready to post a question about IWW/Jack to see if anyone knew what the situation was, but found this post first. I have sent emails, and made several calls over the last few weeks with no response. I understand he's busy, but I would normally get a response by now. I have had work done on several watches over the past 7 years and he has always done a fantastic job - and, I've also contacted him and generally get a response. I can understand he's very busy, but I'm beginning to wonder if something has happened to IWW. Any new information? By the way, I've also tried contacting his new assistant, but to no avail. Sent two Kobolds there last July for case refinishing, starting to get worried. The time elapsed doesn't bother me, it's the lack of response that has me on the edge of freaking-out..... Anyone know anything about IWW's status?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Jack @ IWW
      By roverguy78 in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: July 24th, 2016, 20:56
    2. jack at iww
      By yamahaki in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: April 10th, 2008, 01:13
    3. back from Jack at IWW
      By mrbieler in forum Seiko
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: November 28th, 2006, 00:15

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •