Comparable to
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brianp

Thread: Comparable to

Banned

Question Comparable to

i know this is probably very annoying but i have no clue, so im asking the experts

what is this watch comparable to? in terms of reliability, quality over all

CORUM

395-101-20-0F01-FH10

MEN'S ADMIRAL'S CUP LEGEND 42 WATCH

Re: Comparable to

Not sure what you are looking for, as comparisons are easy to make and hard to perfect.....But if it is comfort you are looking for, Corum has a reputation for making nice timepieces. If quality is your concern, you are fine. If the design is a bit edgy for you, that is a decision only you can make.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Not sure what you are looking for, as comparisons are easy to make and hard to perfect.....But if it is comfort you are looking for, Corum has a reputation for making nice timepieces. If quality is your concern, you are fine. If the design is a bit edgy for you, that is a decision only you can make.
    interms of quality what company/model would you compare it to? like omega aqua terra?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Corum is non-mainstream.

To answer your question, in my experience, a Corum watch is made just as well as a Rolex watch. Maybe not as rugged, but finished just as nicely. Their attention to detail is very, very good.

Oh boy... putting particular brands at a particular "level" has been debated, and sometimes heatedly or insultingly so, many times on these forums (even just since I've joined earlier this year!).

Suffice it to say, perhaps, that by all accounts Corum is a solid mid-level to luxury brand, pretty much in accord with its price. Some people will think they're overpriced, some will think they're great values, and some will think both!

It's hard to directly compare to other brands simply because so many watch brands make such a large range in terms of style, materials, and price; And so many people rate them based on different things. Therefore, any competitor that seems to be a good match could have holes poked in the comparison by someone.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

I know debostedo. And you're right. But I really don't like surfing through this forum, and finding someone who's asking a simple question, get a lot of answers that just beat around the bush, so to speak. If we have to walk around here like we're walking on egg shells, just because someone is going to take exception to our opinion, then whats the purpose of having a forum anyway?
    Besides, it's just a watch we're talking about. If someone wants to get all bent out of shape over that, then they really need to let their belt out a little, and take a deep breath. It's just an opinion, that's all. Everyone has one. It's all good.
    But yeah, I know what you're talking about. And thank you for saying it as diplomatically as you did. I hope a haven't upset anyone by giving my opinion to the OP. Especially to any of the Rolex crowd. Rolex makes a great watch. If you own one, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinquil View Post
    I know debostedo. And you're right. But I really don't like surfing through this forum, and finding someone who's asking a simple question, get a lot of answers that just beat around the bush, so to speak. If we have to walk around here like we're walking on egg shells, just because someone is going to take exception to our opinion, then whats the purpose of having a forum anyway?
    Besides, it's just a watch we're talking about. If someone wants to get all bent out of shape over that, then they really need to let their belt out a little, and take a deep breath. It's just an opinion, that's all. Everyone has one. It's all good.
    But yeah, I know what you're talking about. And thank you for saying it as diplomatically as you did. I hope a haven't upset anyone by giving my opinion to the OP. Especially to any of the Rolex crowd. Rolex makes a great watch. If you own one, congratulations.
    No problem at all from me. If you think Corum is as good as Rolex - for your priorities in judging and your background - great! But I could see this thread turning into an argument where some people put Corum behind Rolex because of design and history, but ahead of Tag; and others bring up Tag's Haute Horology and say Corum has to be below them, and others say Rolex is over-priced so Corum is actually better, and then someone else says "What about Grand Seiko?" and everything falls apart.

In that case you wind up with even less good information than just realizing that Corum and every other company occupy multiple levels, but Corum is well respected and at least good enough to make folks here happy to have them.

I tend to think people want a rigid answer to the question, but one doesn't exist. Only personal opinions, or somewhat looser more general answers.

That just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by dbostedo; October 24th, 2014 at 07:36.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Op...Corum buys mvmts. made by ETA, they then, have cases made to their design and specs. either from an outside source or maybe in
    house, along with dials, hands, straps, bracelets, etc.....These parts are then assembled and sold....I would put them on level with Epos,
    many Longines,a few TAGS,a couple of Breitlings. I hope you get the picture....Please note I said 'I', it is a personal opinion.
    Last edited by little big feather; October 24th, 2014 at 17:19.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    Op...Corum buys mvmts. made by ETA, they then, have cases made to their design and specs. either from an outside source or maybe in
    house, along with dials, hands, straps, bracelets, etc.....These parts are then assembled and sold....I would put them on level with Epos,
    many Longines,a few TAGS,a couple of Breitlings. I hope you get the picture....Please note I said 'I', it is a personal opinion.
    thank you. i know its a tough question to answer, but i think yours really hit the spot. thanks
    little big feather likes this.

Thread Information