Concord Mariner Expensive Repair

Thread: Concord Mariner Expensive Repair

Concord Mariner Expensive Repair

from a novice: I bought a Concord Mariner automatic 4 years ago at 50% discount from an authorized dealer at ~$1,100 ("sugg. retail ~$2,500"); now the watch stopped working; I sent it for repair to the Movado center in New Jersey and they want $656.45 for overhaul and movement service + another $120 for the crystal (glass);

question: is it wise to spend that much money on a watch I barely see mentioned among the better and more popular Swiss watches; can anybody tell me about the reputation of Concord watches and how they rate against brands like Tag Heuer, Breitling etc.

Re: Concord Mariner Expensive Repair

Quote Originally Posted by tony_3995 View Post
    from a novice: I bought a Concord Mariner automatic 4 years ago at 50% discount from an authorized dealer at ~$1,100 ("sugg. retail ~$2,500"); now the watch stopped working; I sent it for repair to the Movado center in New Jersey and they want $656.45 for overhaul and movement service + another $120 for the crystal (glass);

question: is it wise to spend that much money on a watch I barely see mentioned among the better and more popular Swiss watches; can anybody tell me about the reputation of Concord watches and how they rate against brands like Tag Heuer, Breitling etc.
    concord once held a more lofty position and once was noted for creating the worlds thinnest watch; the delerium was only 1.98mm thin. concord was once also he official gift of state for the united sates though i'm not certain which model. like so much of the industry they have fallen on hard times but they do have an interesting history imo. whether your watch is worthy of repairing is a call you will have to make.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Next time look for a good local watchmaker.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Why is there a need for crystal replacement?

Thread Information