Construction project managers, project engineers, civil engineers....What do you wear?
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Construction project managers, project engineers, civil engineers....What do you wear?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Construction project managers, project engineers, civil engineers....What do you wear?

I know, another one of those threads about what do you wear . I'm trying to make sure my first serious watch is the correct decision . It is overwhelming when you are new to watches. I started a thread on this regarding an inside office position, but I moved to a new position.

I have decided on my dress/ classic watch; however, I need something for the field. I really like the Rolex Sub because it is rugged. The only problem is the black face does not match with the brown steel toe boots. I know this may be crazy to some, but sorry, I have to match. I am leaning towards the Rolex new white explorer II. What do you guys wear?

Thank you for viewing.
    Last edited by big d 51; February 14th, 2012 at 05:26.

Re: Construction project managers, project engineers, civil engineers....What do you wear?

Not one of the aforementioned professionals, but I do spend a lot of time in the field (I'm a safety guy) and when I'm out there, I wear a Seiko SKX007. It's quite rugged and if I do bang it up (which is inevitable), it doesn't hurt quite as much as if I damaged one of my pricier watches.

Quote Originally Posted by big d 51 View Post
    I know, another one of those threads about what do you wear . I'm trying to make sure my first serious watch is the correct decision . It is overwhelming when you are new to watches. I started a thread on this regarding an inside office position, but I moved to a new position.

I have decided on my dress/ classic watch; however, I need something for the field. I really like the Rolex Sub because it is rugged. The only problem is the black face does not match with the brown steel toe boots. I know this may be crazy to some, but sorry, I have to match. I am leaning towards the Rolex new white explorer II. What do you guys wear?

Thank you for viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by jot_ View Post
    it doesn't hurt quite as much as if I damaged one of my pricier watches.
    This is exactly why I'm hesitate on the Rolex. With climbing ladders, climbing scaffold, tying off, carrying stuff, etc., the watch is surely going to get some scratches. I'm not fortunate enough to be beating up a $7k+ watch without concerns; therefore, you have a good
    Point and something I should consider. Thank you for chiming in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Construction project managers, project engineers, civil engineers....What do you wear?

If I were a field engineer, something like this would be good (especially if you have to go hand-to hand combat with contractors):

Name:  Casio Men's DW-5600MS-1DR G-Shock Black Rubber Digital Dial Watch.jpg
Views: 5503
Size:  67.1 KB

G-Shock DW-5600MS-1DR
    CitizenM likes this.

Any watch will be fine.
    Spend as much as you like.

Just ask yourself one simple question when you hand over your cash... If the watch gets damaged can you afford to repair/replace it.

My wife is a structural engineer, and goes into the field a few times a week. She wears a scratch proof Rado....still looks brand new!
    CitizenM likes this.
    Rolex GMT Master IIc 116710
    Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Squadra Hometime 7008120
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Mad Cow
    Breitling Blackbird A44359
    Breitling Airwolf a78363
    Breitling Aerospace Avantage E79362
    Panerai Luminor Marina 104
    Glashutte Original Sport Evolution Panorama Date
    IWC Aquatimer 3548
    Tag Heuer Monaco CAW2114

I'm a mechanical engineer and I go out for due diligences/capital funding and I wear my G-shock Riseman. I would not be able to forgive myself if I tear up a pricier watch.

Sent from my lucky rocketship underpants
    “The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.“ – C. S. Lewis

I qualify, but I'm office based. I'd recommend this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Rachdanon; February 14th, 2012 at 13:56.
    big d 51 likes this.

As a Technical training officer and operational Auditor in the heavy power Industry I do a lot of site Auditing and wear these 2 of and on.

Cheers
    Mark
    big d 51 likes this.

Don't be a pussy.

Get the Rolex.

::The Rotation::
    Rolex GMT Master IIc . IWC Fliegeruhr Mark XVI . Omega Electric Blue Seamaster x2 (his and hers) . Sinn 657 S . UZI Guardian on Velcro Strap . Casio G-Shock G-7800B-1DR + GW-5000 + GW-7900B + GWX-56GB + F91W + DW-6900MS . Benarus Remora Sapphire Bezel . Fossil Maddox Shrouded Lug Diver . Tag Heuer Formula1 Grande Date . Bernardt Binnacle Anchor . Swiss Legend Conqueror . Citizen Signature Perpetual Diver . Timex Military Expedition T498789J

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information