contemplating trading Breitling Navitimer 50th Anni. for Tag G. Carrera 17 RS..thoughts/alternatives

Thread: contemplating trading Breitling Navitimer 50th Anni. for Tag G. Carrera 17 RS..thoughts/alternatives

Rolling eyes contemplating trading Breitling Navitimer 50th Anni. for Tag G. Carrera 17 RS..thoughts/alternatives

Dear fellow watch afficionados,

As witnessed by the topic matter, I am contemplating trading my Breitling Navitimer 50th Anniversary:

Special Edition Navitimer (released in 2002), sitting on a brown calf strap with deployant clasp (sorry for the grainy shot),

for this:

A Tag Heuer Grand Carrera 17 RS (mug shot courtesy of www.tagheuer.com)....

Considerations:

-The Tag has this very clean, slick look about it, whereas the Breitling's face is more cluttered;

- Both sport pretty much equivalent ETA movements (Breitling uses 2892 with DD chrono module, TAG uses 2894), both reworked to a certain extent;

- The Breitling is quite a rare model, especially this black dial version, whereas the TAG is more "common";

- I already have several black faced chronographs (IWC Portuguese, Omega Speedy Moonwatch) so a white faced watch would be a welcome change.

What is your opinion on this matter? Would you take the plunge, or rather take a different route? I'm open to any viable alternative suggestions!!

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Pieter
    Current rotation:

A. Lange & Söhne Datograph (PT)
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Chronograph (WG)
    A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Soirée (WG)
    Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph (26320ST)
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon (1975)
    Panerai PAM 025 Submersible
    Patek Philippe 5146J Annual Calendar
    Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi 16700
    Rolex Sea Dweller 16600
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph (49150)
    Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Contemporaine (WG)

Rolling eyes Re: contemplating trading Breitling Navitimer 50th Anni. for Tag G. Carrera 17 RS..thoughts/alternat

So you want to trade in what most watch people would call a classic. The Navitimer. On the hideous TAG??? You have lots of brillant ideas do you not!!!!!!!!

No no seriously is this a joke????

Re: contemplating trading Breitling Navitimer 50th Anni. for Tag G. Carrera 17 RS..thoughts/alternat

do not do it
    if you want rid of the breitling at least sell it and buy the TAG and still have $$ left over

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: contemplating trading Breitling Navitimer 50th Anni. for Tag G. Carrera 17 RS..thoughts/alternat

Seriously, the Navi is in a different league. I am sure you could sell it easily. Then you could have some funds to get the new B01!
    Current brands in the rotation...Breitling, Omega, Oris, Tissot

i have never been a fan of the navitimer(or the speedmaster for that matter) so i would do it.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Thread Information