Corum or Tudor - Admirals Cup / Black Bay - Page 2
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Corum or Tudor - Admirals Cup / Black Bay

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Corum or Tudor - Admirals Cup / Black Bay

Tudor Tudor Tudor everytime

The Corum uses an ETA 2894 movement, which is essentially a modular chronograph movement with an ETA 2892 base movement and a chronograph module. There is a discussion of integrated vs. modular chronograph movements here,

https://wornandwound.com/watchmakers...-chronographs/
    mpalmer likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Nomos Tangente 35; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

A word to the wise, if you choose the Tudor, get it on a bracelet.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Nomos Tangente 35; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

never really looked at the corum before, my first thought.... nautical flag numbers don't really work in black and white.

Unless you plan to keep the corum forever, I would really lean with the Tudor.

CO5

I would probably be pragmatic and pick the Tudor because the brand is very strong right now. Also it has the older rare Tudor rose logo which might make it collectible someday.

As for my personal preference, I would take the rose dial BB. That said you could wear the Corum the rest of your life and not run into another person wearing one which also indicates the demand and why the watch is priced roughly 1/3 of retail.

Aside from subjective looks the Corum will indeed be harder or at least more expensive to service. Often the chrono modules are exchanged instead of serviced because they are finicky to assemble. Many independent watchmakers won't touch them.

The BB costs more now but will cost less to service and it will retain more value in the future.
    mleok likes this.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Chopard GO Hamilton Hexa Hublot IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron

I always like the Admiral's Cup with the ships flags on them but maybe too colorful for every day.

If forced to pick between these two I would go for the BB. Cheers!
    "Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?" -Ben Franklin
    Damasko | Hamilton | Longines | Mido | Orient | Oris | Rolex | Timex

When you know enough about the watch, when you like it so much that you know it is the best choice for you, and when you are so convinced that you don't need to consult with unknown strangers on the internet, such as you've done here, then you have found the watch that you should buy.
    base2 likes this.

Everything about that Corum looks cheap. If you get the Black Bay, buy it on steel. Only time I’ve made the mistake of buying on strap was this very watch, and it’s hella expensive to buy the bracelet on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its been said, but I'd get the Tudor. If this is your first serious watch, it's much more likely that you'll flip it than that you'll keep it forever. That Corum is gonna be tough to move later. Or hold off and get something totally different that really speaks to you if these aren't must haves.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information