In which countries does Casio make their watches?

Thread: In which countries does Casio make their watches?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

In which countries does Casio make their watches?

Hi. I read this article about the history of casio. Quote from the article:

Sales of the diaries helped Casio increase its revenues in Japan in 1994, but the strong yen continued to cut into the profitability of the company's exports. Casio increased the amount of its manufacturing that was done overseas in order to combat this trend. While only 30 percent of Casio's production was overseas in 1993, two years later 80 percent of the company's products were made in foreign plants. By 1996 Casio had plants in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Korea, in addition to its Hong Kong, Taiwan, and North American plants.
    In year 1995 80% of Casio watches were made not in Japan.

My questions are:
    What percentage of Casios are made outside Japan nowdays? Maybe 95% or something?

Where do Casio make most of their watches? I hear China and Malaisia is where most of them are made. Is that truth? Do they still have plants in Thailand, Singapore?

If they still make some in Japan where do they go? I assume maybe for Japan market only or maybe only some lines are made there?

Thank You
    Last edited by Ray MacDonald; December 30th, 2010 at 23:15. Reason: link removed

lvt

Re: In which countries does Casio make their watches?

It seems like most of theirs non-Japanese watches are made in China and Thailand nowaday.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I was in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago and Yodobashi Akiba had several display cases full of Casio watches, probably a couple hundred models. They had one smaller display case labelled as "Made in Japan Models". I didn't look very carefully but I think it had about 12-15 watches in it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That link you posted goes to a website that is filled with content stolen from other sites. The owner has been banned from at least one other forum that I know of. Certainly hope you aren't him.

The current Watchtime has a big story on Casio and its various manufacturing facilities.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by casiophile View Post
    That link you posted goes to a website that is filled with content stolen from other sites. The owner has been banned from at least one other forum that I know of. Certainly hope you aren't him.
    Nope I am not him, was looking for answers to my questions on the internet and the only thing I found was those stats of year 1995.. I wish Casio would make press release or something. Otherwise where can I find these answers in the same manner as the quote of mine. Like percentages of watches and maybe list of official Casio factories?

Banned

When you have found the answer to your question, you should start investigating which Swiss manufacturers source components in Asia, and what percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkpitt73 View Post
    The current Watchtime has a big story on Casio and its various manufacturing facilities.
    Hi, Is this story available somewhere online? I searches watchtime but could not find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovewatchess View Post
    Hi. I read this article about the history of casio. Quote from the article:

In year 1995 80% of Casio watches were made not in Japan.

My questions are:
    What percentage of Casios are made outside Japan nowdays? Maybe 95% or something?

Where do Casio make most of their watches? I hear China and Malaisia is where most of them are made. Is that truth? Do they still have plants in Thailand, Singapore?

If they still make some in Japan where do they go? I assume maybe for Japan market only or maybe only some lines are made there?

Thank You
    One question you should answer is what does it mean to make a watch. For most watch companies their parts come from more than on source.

i would guess luxembourg, switzerland, or laos.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information