the Course Change
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: the Course Change

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

the Course Change

a few years ago...(some of you might remember) it took me months and months to decide what watch I wanted (as is typical of me).
    Name:  DSC_0022.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  488.3 KB
    it had to be small for my tiny wrists
    it had to be classic
    I had to have an inhouse movement of course!
    it had to have a splash of colour...
    no date...dates are for losers
    handwind because of the tamagotchi effect ( like the constant interaction)

Fast Forward 4 years...
    This is what I really want.
    Name:  P3230004.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  704.4 KB
    bold, brash and big
    completely single mindedly masculine
    monochromatic
    the good ol' ETA 2824-2 tractor...which by the way is actually a LOT more accurate than that inhouse Alpha movement
    brushed metal (hides scratches better)
    unapologetically clean
    and it's so much easier to look at the date on my watch

Have you ever had a completely about face when it came to your watch choices?
    Mchu004 and Tanjecterly like this.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Re: the Course Change

Not an about-face. But I've bounced around with what I like - and what I think I should like. And become more comfortable with just going where I like. I appreciate dress watches, but I really doubt one will make its way on my wrist any time soon. I just love dive watches and sport watches too much. They feel right. Even if traditional thinking is that watch appreciation should be more diversified. Right now, I can't imagine going much far beyond my Doxa, Tudor, Seiko and Garmin.
    chuasam and system11 like this.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Not an about-face. But I've bounced around with what I like - and what I think I should like. And become more comfortable with just going where I like. I appreciate dress watches, but I really doubt one will make its way on my wrist any time soon. I just love dive watches and sport watches too much. They feel right. Even if traditional thinking is that watch appreciation should be more diversified. Right now, I can't imagine going much far beyond my Doxa, Tudor, Seiko and Garmin.
    I think I could happily never ever buy a proper dress watch.
    my Nomos will do just fine.
    Name:  DSC_2785.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  605.3 KB

I can't see a formal situation where that Nomos won't do just fine.
    Mchu004 and jmorski like this.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Carmen de apicala, Col / Cayuse Flats, BC

That Nomos looks out of place and downright lonely. You should sell it to a good home.... ;)
    The current rotation: Orologi Calamai G50 MkIII, Omega Speedmaster automatic 3510-50, Omega Dynamic series III, Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2504.80, Omega Seamaster 212.30.41, Omega Geneve F300 198.030 Hummer, Omega Seamaster F300 198.001 Hummer, Heuer Autavia chronograph, Eterna - Matic 1948 Chronometre, Tudor BB36 79500, Marathon TSAR medium, Pro Trek PRW3000-2, Seiko Alpinist SBQJ017 perpetual calendar GMT 8F56, JeanRichard Highlands 24004.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfras View Post
    That Nomos looks out of place and downright lonely. You should sell it to a good home.... ;)
    I've ordered some pretty new straps from CheapestNATOs but it's taking forever to arrive.
    Name:  P4220261.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  789.1 KB
    ― Seneca

I feel the struggle and not just you! I started with zero interest in Omega, in fact staunchly saying I wanted to avoid the Speedy cause its overplayed boring. I'm just not connecting with my IWC Ingy 3239 for a Omega FOIS ... and also my Club Nacht for an Ahoi Atlantik. Does it stop?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamstur View Post
    I feel the struggle and not just you! I started with zero interest in Omega, in fact staunchly saying I wanted to avoid the Speedy cause its overplayed boring. I'm just not connecting with my IWC Ingy 3239 for a Omega FOIS ... and also my Club Nacht for an Ahoi Atlantik. Does it stop?!?!?
    for now, I'm so enamoured with me Stowa that I don't really think I'd need another watch....
    ― Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    and what I think I should like.
    Yeah, it's best to expunge that from your mind. I've come to terms with the fact that a majority of the luxury watches with big names and prices just leave me cold aside from a couple of specific examples. People losing their minds over minimalist or barely revised pieces from Baselworld - they're just not aspirational for me. What I really, really want is a mint Hamilton Linwood circa 1930s, like the one I gave my father for his birthday a few years back. Never seen another one even close to the same condition.

I can remember one complete about-face. A long time ago I remember posting that I would never buy or wear an analogue-digital watch. These days my Aerospace is my most frequently worn watch. Never say never.

Yes, Rolex.

Few years ago I didn’t consider it as a possibility. Now my 114060 is the one I wear the most. Bought it to reward myself for a significant milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by chuasam View Post
    Have you ever had a completely about face when it came to your watch choices?

Sent from Maxwell Smart's shoe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information