Cover watches anyone?

Thread: Cover watches anyone?

Cover watches anyone?

I saw Cover model M5.ST11M this weekend and was wondering if there is anyone here with any experience on these watches.
    http://www.coverwatches.com/collection/M5/
    Ignore the ignorant.

Re: Cover watches anyone?

did anyone said hamilton design !? :D

Wow, finally a manufacturer who posts the movement grade on their website! Having said that, the caseback photo doesn't seem to show any perlage... come to think of it, I can't recall a nicely decorated Valjoux movement -- just a glossy metal finish on the parts. *shrug*

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by spluurfg View Post
    Wow, finally a manufacturer who posts the movement grade on their website! Having said that, the caseback photo doesn't seem to show any perlage... come to think of it, I can't recall a nicely decorated Valjoux movement -- just a glossy metal finish on the parts. *shrug*
    Well, what they don´t say is that "elaboré" is the lowest grade of an ETA 7750, there isn´t a "standard" grade as compared to the ETA 2824-2 forexample. Tricky, isn´t it ?!

And why is it an improved movement decoration ? I mean what does it improve ? It´s a decoration if there is one. Simple as that. Perlage doesn´t mean that the movement performs better than another comparable movement without perlage. Strange they mention it that way !

The COVER Production Center (as of 2005) looks familiar to me (kind of deja vu), will come back to it later.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; June 9th, 2008 at 17:34.

stuffler,mike

Found it, I was sure I saw the premises before and here we go:

source: www.privatelabelwatches.com.au

These premises belong to a Private Label Brand factory loctated in Solothurn/Switzerland - the Chrono Watch Factory Solothurn Switzerland (short term Chrono AG). This Private Label Brand company is also running www.coverwatches.com.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Well, what they don´t say is that "elaboré" is the lowest grade of an ETA 7750, there isn´t a "standard" grade as compared to the ETA 2824-2 forexample. Tricky, isn´t it ?!

Nonetheless I appreciate the disclosure, whatever grade it might be =P

stuffler,mike

Well, imho it would only be a disclosure if the movements would be "top" or "cosc" but you can´t disclose the obvious, at least for those knowing that there is no "standard" grade.
    Nonetheless all manufactures should disclose the grade of the mounted movement but this is to be put to another agenda...........................

Hi all,
    First post here! As the Forum Rules are down I hope I am not breaking any by resurrecting an old thread.
    A few days ago I came across the Cover brand in a local watch shop and was quite intrigued by a few quartz and automatic designs. I have never heard of the brand before and there is not much on the Internet, either, so I was wondering how these (talking about automatic movements, of course) would compare to eg. Oris or Mido (which are appealing to me as well)? Specifically I am referring to the following:

Cover M5.ST2222M/T
    Name:  M5.ST2222M_T-960x700.jpg
Views: 2355
Size:  79.4 KB

Oris TT1 Day Date - 01 735 7651 4764-07 4 25 06B
    Name:  8197_735_7651_47_64_rs.png
Views: 1718
Size:  202.7 KB

Mido Ocean Star Captain IV M011.430.37.051.22
    Name:  M011.430.37.051.22_0.png
Views: 2442
Size:  231.8 KB