Creation Watches Singapore
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Creation Watches Singapore

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Creation Watches Singapore

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can advise me on this. I have just recieved a watch I ordered from Creation Watches in Singapore, the guy I dealt with by e-mail is Raul. Absolutely spot on service, watch ordered last Wed & arrived to-day (Tue). Just one problem and that is there is no Orient box, the watch was wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in plain cardboard box along with instruction booklet & guarantee which is not stamped. Can anyone tell me if this is normal practice, proforma invoice on outside of pack is marked horology item (gift). Just a bit disappointed as it is for my wifes Christmas and it would have looked so much better in an Orient box. I would be grateful for any advice on this please.

Re: Creation Watches Singapore

They are not an AD for the brands they stock, so having a box may not be part of the deal. It's the same deal with the warranty card - you just get their 2 year warranty.
    However, when I've ordered Seiko's from them, they have had boxes.

cheers,
    Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

Hi Jake
    Thanks for your prompt reply, that's useful info. I checked their site after posting my query and in their shipping terms it states all watches shipped in original boxes. I have e-mailed them regarding this, I just wonder if it was to try and help me regarding taxes & duty etc. I would rather have paid that and had an original box though.

Thanks again

Sandy

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

On the upside with an Orient box you're not missing much.............likely the shipping box is better cardboard Seriously having to suffer through similar (rubbish strap) I know what it's like when it's an xmas gift.

A nice travel case? You can buy aftermarket, something like this?

Watch Boxes | Men and Womens Watch Boxes from JewelrySupply.com

(I know, not in the UK............maybe one there? Jewelry making folks)

Same for me. bought Seiko & Citizen from Creation = came with boxes.

Thanks for that Erik, and thanks for the link showing the travel cases. I'll go and look for them online now. Will be interesting to see what Creation say when they reply to my e-mail. I don't think I would have bought from them if I knew the watch would come unboxed. (My wife will probably throw it out anyway). The annoying thing is I could have bought her a less than 6 month old one off ebay UK that was as new and in its original box. Drat!

Quote Originally Posted by shetsan View Post
    Thanks for that Erik, and thanks for the link showing the travel cases. I'll go and look for them online now. Will be interesting to see what Creation say when they reply to my e-mail. I don't think I would have bought from them if I knew the watch would come unboxed. (My wife will probably throw it out anyway). The annoying thing is I could have bought her a less than 6 month old one off ebay UK that was as new and in its original box. Drat!
    Hope they help, just trying ideas as time may be an issue as xmas is getting closer..................nothing is worse than telling SWMBO "It's on the way".

Lol - yep, they expect it in a box & then they toss it out........................go figure

Quote Originally Posted by shetsan View Post
    Hi Jake
    Thanks for your prompt reply, that's useful info. I checked their site after posting my query and in their shipping terms it states all watches shipped in original boxes. I have e-mailed them regarding this, I just wonder if it was to try and help me regarding taxes & duty etc. I would rather have paid that and had an original box though.

Thanks again

Sandy
    I hope it gets sorted out fast, which I have no doubt it will!

cheers,
    Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

Thanks for your thoughts guys, please don't think I am downing Creation as that is not my intention. Just the lack of a box is a bit annoying. I feel they may have done it to save me money. I am going to get a Mako for myself either through them or Amazon UK as I want an automatic. I did have an Oris Ralf Schumacher that I bought new which I gave to my son early (he was meant to get it as an heirloom) Sad to say he sold it on ebay not long ago and the annoying thing is I only wore it a handful of times to avoid scratching it.

Just my experience, I've bought a couple watches from Creation Watches, including an Orient Mako. It came in the box with all the tags as you would expect (the Orient box is quite smart for that price of watch).

I've also had occasion to deal with Raul by email to straighten things out when the credit card handling site crashed during my transaction and I couldn't tell whether I had completed my order or not. He was prompt and helpful in solving my issue.

So my impression is that they are among the good guys.

Do bear in mind that at this time of year he is probably dealing with an exceptional volume of mail, so you may need to be patient to hear back from him.

Yeah, I have read nothing but good about him and I am not by nature a complainer so I am sure between us we'll get it sorted out. It is a nice watch and his service and communication are exemplary. I'm definitely going to buy a Mako for myself and there's a good chance I will be purchasing from Raul. Got to say this is a great site full of valuable info. I'd never heard of Orient before reading about them here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information