(Crosspost) Suggestions for my Christmas present -- looking for a black watch

Thread: (Crosspost) Suggestions for my Christmas present -- looking for a black watch

(Crosspost) Suggestions for my Christmas present -- looking for a black watch

*I'm crossposting this from the Affordable Watches section*

I'm looking for suggestions for my Christmas present, I want to keep it to $500 shipped to the USA (may bump that slightly if shipping causes me to go over the $500 limit).

What I want:

• Black dial
    • Black case is nice but not a deal breaker
    • Strap only, no bracelet. Or I must be able to replace any bracelet w/ a strap (the replacement strap need not be part of the purchase price)
    • Prefer automatic but would consider a manual wind, no quartz please
    • Display back case is preferred over solid back
    • No more than 44mm in diameter. Prefer something in the 40-42mm range
    • Don't like divers, dont need a chrono, if I get three hands and a date window I'm happy, sub seconds are cool but not a deal breaker

What I've seen that fits what I'm looking for: Archimede Pilot M Aristo Apucto HP3 and Aristo Ti Pilot. Yes these three are all pilot watches but I'm not married to a pilots watch, I happen to be drawn to the style of these three but I want to see others watches that meet what I'm looking for because you never know whats out there.

Thanks all!
    RCook

Re: (Crosspost) Suggestions for my Christmas present -- looking for a black watch

I was in the same situation as yourself - all black watch - but I couldn't find anything that I liked for the longest time.

I ended up getting the Hamilton Jazzmaster Open Heart since I'm more into the casual / dress watches.

Black dial, 40mm, automatic, see through black, strap...

I just seen your budget and it is over $500 :oops:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: (Crosspost) Suggestions for my Christmas present -- looking for a black watch

Steinhart have a range of pilot style black watches (Unitas 6497 manual wind) with display backs.
    Their ETA 2824-2 Automatic has a solid back.
    Dom
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bathys 100 fathoms

I know mine wont meet your requirements (bracelet, diver, over 44... ), but there's not much answers, so I give it a try anyway

SousMarine 300m

Review here :
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=190199

Quote Originally Posted by rcook55 View Post
    *I'm crossposting this from the Affordable Watches section*

I'm looking for suggestions for my Christmas present, I want to keep it to $500 shipped to the USA (may bump that slightly if shipping causes me to go over the $500 limit).

What I want:

• Black dial
    • Black case is nice but not a deal breaker
    • Strap only, no bracelet. Or I must be able to replace any bracelet w/ a strap (the replacement strap need not be part of the purchase price)
    • Prefer automatic but would consider a manual wind, no quartz please
    • Display back case is preferred over solid back
    • No more than 44mm in diameter. Prefer something in the 40-42mm range
    • Don't like divers, dont need a chrono, if I get three hands and a date window I'm happy, sub seconds are cool but not a deal breaker
    What I've seen that fits what I'm looking for: Archimede Pilot M Aristo Apucto HP3 and Aristo Ti Pilot. Yes these three are all pilot watches but I'm not married to a pilots watch, I happen to be drawn to the style of these three but I want to see others watches that meet what I'm looking for because you never know whats out there.

Thanks all!
    RCook
    My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Maybe a Marathon SAR, it fits the size requirements and is marginally over $500 new.

Thanks for the suggestions, so far GuySi's suggestion of a Stowa Antea Black from the same thread in the Affordable Watch section seems to be closest to what I'm looking for.

The Hamilton is nice and I've been looking at them especially the Field Mechanical in black but it's hard to find one less than $500.

Thanks for the others and if anyone knows of something that is not a diver and/or over $500 please keep posting them, no offense but I'm absolutely not interested in a dive watch so the suggestions are lost on me.

RCook

Thread Information