Custom Design Watch?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Custom Design Watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Custom Design Watch?

I've searched for weeks now for a company that can create custom watches but would be willing to only create one watch. I've sent my designs into a few who have asked and have gotten no response. Does anyone know of any companies that may be able to do this for me while trying to stay between $600-$900 USD?

If not, would it be better to start accumulating the pieces necessary to create this myself?

Any my suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Custom Design Watch?

You want a one off watch for $600? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I had mine made at RGM
    Nokie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahkatheryne View Post
    I've searched for weeks now for a company that can create custom watches but would be willing to only create one watch. I've sent my designs into a few who have asked and have gotten no response. Does anyone know of any companies that may be able to do this for me while trying to stay between $600-$900 USD?

If not, would it be better to start accumulating the pieces necessary to create this myself?

Any my suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Within your budget it's doubtful. You could purchase the timezone school and build your own watch within that price though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    npulaski likes this.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3573.50
    Tag Heuer Carrera WV211
    Orient Ray

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You could go down the Seiko mod route.... www.yobokies.com
    emaja and yourdudeness080 like this.

These are just my guesses, but assuming you're talking about quality mechanical watches...

If you're talking completely custom including the movement, you're probably talking hundreds of thousands.

If you're talking an existing movement, but your own case, dial, and bezel design, you're probably talking 10's of thousands.

If you're talking about an existing line using swiss movement and some major customization, you might be talking a few thousand or more.

If you're talking about an existing line using swiss movement and some lesser customization (rotor, colors, hands) you're probably talking about 1000-2000.

For less than that, you're talking about something like the customized Seiko's mentioned above.

You could take a look at Stowa, Tourby, or RGM for some examples of levels of customization, or even "full custom" (in that you can choose everything about the watch within certain families) in the case of RGM.
    beany_bot likes this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

All I truly want customized is the face, hands, and crown. I would prefer a pre-existing movement and case to hopefully lower costs. My main concern is if the movement would work with my chronograph sub dials because they are not in the normal locations compared to other chronographs.

I contacted Tourby and was told that they only work from their own designs, but I will look into Stowa. Thank you!

Stowa will be the same as Tourby likely.

Moving chrono subdials would mean a substantially new movement and you're easily back to multi-thousands of dollars. The dial position and working directly affects the mechanical layout of the movement.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Yeah, there's a reason chronograph subdials are always in the same place for a given movement -- they don't get to move around. If you want them in a special place, you will need to use a movement that already puts them there. If that movement doesn't exist, then you're out of luck.

I was worried about that. Alright, well thank you for letting me know!

!i found the movement I had wanted but I'm not sure if it would be accessible or not. This is the movement.

El Primero 4035 D, Automatic

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information