Damage to PAM90 push button (for screw lock removal) underneath the lug hand - suggestions pls

Thread: Damage to PAM90 push button (for screw lock removal) underneath the lug hand - suggestions pls

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    323

    Damage to PAM90 push button (for screw lock removal) underneath the lug hand - suggestions pls

    I have somehow managed to damage one of the push button under the PAM 90 watch case lug hands (not
    the one on the side), the one that u push down and then press on the side to pop out the bar holding the strap to the watch, and the entire button and spring has come out. Guess I used excessive force.

    Now when I talked to the Panerai retailer here in India and they are saying it would take minimum of 2 months (that too not confirmed and may take more time) to send the watch back to Swiss HQ of Panerai and get it repaired. Getting repaired too they are asking for a prohibitive price. I donot want to undertake such hassles. Can the Tube & Screw system OR the SPRING BAR system help me in using the watch safely by setting the strap tightly with the watch lug hands ?

    Attaching a representative picture of a Panerai watch with the same push button system for strap removal for better understanding.

    Also, are Spring bar systems better than the old TUBE & SCREW system on the Panerai rubber deployant straps ?

    Await replies/suggestions from my fellow watch enthusiasts ....
    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #2
    Member Synequano's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    All over the world
    Posts
    8,545

    Re: Damage to PAM90 push button (for screw lock removal) underneath the lug hand - suggestions pls

    The bad news is,it can only be fixed by Pam service centre
    As an alternative,you may try to use spring bar,just make sure the size fits..if its pam 90,the lug size is 24 mm
    Personally I find the quick release system is good when you like to change the straps on your watch,otherwise I still prefer the good old long screw that are still being used on historical models

  3. #3
    Member houndoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    1,663

    Damage to PAM90 push button (for screw lock removal) underneath the lug hand - suggestions pls

    Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    The bad news is,it can only be fixed by Pam service centre
    As an alternative,you may try to use spring bar,just make sure the size fits..if its pam 90,the lug size is 24 mm
    Personally I find the quick release system is good when you like to change the straps on your watch,otherwise I still prefer the good old long screw that are still being used on historical models
    Honestly a crap design by panerai. Switch to the springbars and carry on.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    323

    Re: Damage to PAM90 push button (for screw lock removal) underneath the lug hand - suggestions pls

    Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    The bad news is,it can only be fixed by Pam service centre
    As an alternative,you may try to use spring bar,just make sure the size fits..if its pam 90,the lug size is 24 mm
    Personally I find the quick release system is good when you like to change the straps on your watch,otherwise I still prefer the good old long screw that are still being used on historical models
    Thx for your suggestion, already ordered a set of 6 spring bars - 2 for the OP90 , 2 for the OP270 and 2 as back up :)
    Just thinking if the push button sustem on the back of the lug hand which has come out - Will that be creating problems if I try to use the spring bars ?

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    323

    Re: Damage to PAM90 push button (for screw lock removal) underneath the lug hand - suggestions pls

    Quote Originally Posted by houndoggie View Post
    Honestly a crap design by panerai. Switch to the springbars and carry on.


    Totally agree with u ... the old tube+screw bar or the spring bar systems are way more reliable I guess. For some reason I guess OP even doesnot bother listening to its devoted fans and customers suggestions ....

  7. #6
    Member Synequano's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    All over the world
    Posts
    8,545

    Re: Damage to PAM90 push button (for screw lock removal) underneath the lug hand - suggestions pls

    I have to agree,Panerai's CS is quite appaling,but the problem is I like their watch..so I guess,I just have to bear with it..
    Of all the Pams in my collection,I only have one model with quick release thing,maybe I will get another one in the future (because there is no option for no QR in this model)

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    323

    Re: Damage to PAM90 push button (for screw lock removal) underneath the lug hand - suggestions pls

    Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    I have to agree,Panerai's CS is quite appaling,but the problem is I like their watch..so I guess,I just have to bear with it..
    Of all the Pams in my collection,I only have one model with quick release thing,maybe I will get another one in the future (because there is no option for no QR in this model)
    LOL .. yah u put it rightly - "have to bear with OP" ..as because we like their watches too much :)

    But as u pointed out having so many "methods" of screwing or unscrewing watch straps in one watch brand is confusing and also forcing the owners to buy several tools to keep up with their "innovations".

    This is where I guess ROLEX is way ahead of OP with their consistency and user friendliness ... they are easy to maintain and non-complicated

    Long live my Submariner 116610LN :) ...

  9. #8
    Member Synequano's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    All over the world
    Posts
    8,545

    Re: Damage to PAM90 push button (for screw lock removal) underneath the lug hand - suggestions pls

    Well,if it's not broken,it is not necessary to fix it,Rolex stood by this mantra,while Pam tries to innovate,but somehow failed to impress
    If only there's an option to buy contemporary or higher end Pam without QR gimmick..I will be broke hahahaha

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    323

    Re: Damage to PAM90 push button (for screw lock removal) underneath the lug hand - suggestions pls

    Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    Well,if it's not broken,it is not necessary to fix it,Rolex stood by this mantra,while Pam tries to innovate,but somehow failed to impress
    If only there's an option to buy contemporary or higher end Pam without QR gimmick..I will be broke hahahaha
    Well then I certainly like ROLEX's philosophy ... :)

    Yess definitley money is an issue nowadays .. thats why I could add only the PAM90 to my collection in the whole of 2012 .... hopefully I donot break the bank this year with my pent up eagerness for owning new ones :)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •