Damaged Submariner and other questions

Thread: Damaged Submariner and other questions

Damaged Submariner and other questions

I would appreciate help on a couple of questions. I have a Rolex Submariner 2006 which I managed to drop a while ago and damage the case. I went to an AD in the UK who advised that Rolex would polish the damage out within a service cost of £450.00 alternatively a new case via Rolex in the UK would cost £2450.00. I have got my Sub back from Rolex and they have only done a reasonable job polishing the damage and it's far from perfect. Can anyone tell me if it would be less expensive having a new case fitted by Rolex in the US? Additionally the black bezel has a very slight scratch; are these relatively easy to replace? Is it a watchmaker’s job or a DIY? Finally can a new bezel be purchased from Rolex and if so how much do they cost? Yes I know more than my planned two questions but I do need a lot of help! Thanks in advance. (also posted in the Rolex section)

Re: Damaged Submariner and other questions

Have you photos of the damaged case?

I can't answer to the US case costs-I would email them (try RSC Dallas) and ask what cost would be.

A bezel insert isn't difficult, although there is the "learning curve" issue. I'd look in the "stickys" for a tutorial. Bezel inserts can be found on Ebay, TZ classifieds (occasionally) and in the WUS classifieds (occasionally).

I'm not sure about the US pricing, but I can't imagine that they'd be too much different.
    Regarding the bezel: It is a fairly easy job and quick if you have the right tools. No worries.

cheers,
    Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi, Thanks for that; another question about the bezel. How do you spot the one's being sold on eBay are original Rolex bezel's?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

This thread closed. You already posted on our Rolex Forum and one thread should do the trick.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thread Information