Hello WYS forum!
I've been trolling the pages for a while now looking for "the watch". I'm new to the scene and need some guidence on a life-long watch I am looking for:
- My Wrist: “skinny” 17.50cm wrist circumference or 5.25cm wrist diameter. Looking for a dial no larger than 40mm
- Philosophy: ‘Timeless Quality’ and ‘classic’ peice. Not chunky and can be a diver watch if thin enough.
- Budget: $1,500 - $2,500 would buy used watch.
- Size: Dial less than 40mm in diameter preferred.
- Height/Thickness: Slimmer the better! Chronograph mechanism not required to reduce thickness.
- Mechanism: Automatic or Mechanical Wind mechanism that holds reputation in the industry - Swish made. No quartz.
- Face: Round and Black.
- Bracelet: Silver Metal band preferred, leather bands are ok (I live in a humid Brisbane climate).
- Time Hands: Hour/Minute/Second hands preferred.
- Dial: 12hr Numbered or Little Bars (no Roman numerals)
- Required Complications: Day (Mon, Tues not Monday, Tuesday) and Date.
Excluded Brands – Rolex, TAG.
Preferred Brands – Omega, Longines.
All other brands considered.
Watches that have caught my eye:
Hamilton Maestro Auto Chrono (bit too chunky) http://hamiltonwatch.com/library/ima.../H32716839.png
Longines Admiral (leather band / Black face?) http://www.retrovintagewatch.com/ima...admiral-01.jpg
Seiko 5 Automatic (too cheap) http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_SS500_.jpg
Please let me know your throughts and comments, I'm open to anything.