Decided on a GP Richville for my dad.

Thread: Decided on a GP Richville for my dad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    v76

Decided on a GP Richville for my dad.

I had a poll between the Omega Railmaster and the Eberhard & Co. 8 Jours a few days earlier. I tried on both these watches (my dad has almost the same wrist size), and I also tried a GP Richeville. I was blown away by the simplicity and attention to detail on the GP, and I think my dad would love an understated "tank" style watch. I've spotted an NOS piece, and also plan to unload a few of my watches as I'd mentioned in the earlier thread.

Does anyone know about the GP cal. 2200-216? I couldn't find much info. about it except that it is a movement containing 21 jewels. Any help would be appreciated if there are owners of this watch/movement who can give me more information about it (pics would be even better!).
    Last edited by v76; April 5th, 2010 at 20:58.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

v76

Re: Decided on a GP Richville for my dad.

Digging a bit deeper it seems like a modified ETA2892 ... not sure how much it has been modified, though. This movement might be from a time when GP hadn't yet become a true "manufacture". I should expect the quality and finish to be upto GP's high standards, though.
    Collection:

The Richeville is a very nice watch that is largely overlooked as not many are available for sale.

Mine is the manual wind Chronograph 2710. The movement is a GP-reworked Lemania 1872 chronograph This is a classic cam/lever movement, probably best known in the Omega Speedmaster Professional manual wind watches (calibre 861).

Good choice and good luck

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

v76

Thank you, that's a lovely chrono! I've seen the same model in black, wondering whether I should go in for that now ... perhaps not, I think my dad prefers simple dials. I should say though, I really like that chrono (the Lemania 1872 is no slouch, either ).
    Collection:

v76

Gah, I've changed my mind yet again! I pulled the trigger on a white dial Seamaster AT (pre-loved, in good conditions) with blue hands. Anyway, I did manage to save a bit compared to the Richeville ...
    Collection:

Quote Originally Posted by v76 View Post
    Gah, I've changed my mind yet again! I pulled the trigger on a white dial Seamaster AT (pre-loved, in good conditions) with blue hands. Anyway, I did manage to save a bit compared to the Richeville ...
    Oh, man, I think you did great. The white dial/blue hands AT is a cult favorite over in the Omega forum. It looks great in pics, and I hear it's stunning in real life.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

v76

It does look great with the brushed SS bracelet . If my dad chooses the vintage JLC instead of this, I'm keeping it
    Collection:

v76

Quote Originally Posted by Caraptor View Post
    Oh, man, I think you did great. The white dial/blue hands AT is a cult favorite over in the Omega forum. It looks great in pics, and I hear it's stunning in real life.
    Grrrr ... there was some sort of a problem with the white dial Seamaster AT, so I can't get that. But, I should laud their customer service for offering me Euro 200 further off on this one -

I'm taking it! (Omega AT 2503.80.00)
    Collection:

I've never been able to find any good real-life shots of that one on WUS. Be sure to take some pics before you give to him!
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

v76

Quote Originally Posted by Caraptor View Post
    I've never been able to find any good real-life shots of that one on WUS. Be sure to take some pics before you give to him!
    Sure will! It will be a few months before I see my dad, and haven't yet decided if I'll give him this one or the JLC. Anyways, did help out trimming my herd so it's all good I'll be getting a Rollie Datejust from dad ... soooo ... JLC or Omega?
    Collection:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information