Decision Made. Unless you can talk me out of it. Next purchase will be vintage triple date.

Thread: Decision Made. Unless you can talk me out of it. Next purchase will be vintage triple date.

Decision Made. Unless you can talk me out of it. Next purchase will be vintage triple date.

In my exploration of watch options, it seems in order for me to purchase what might be considered a fine watch, I will have to go vintage.

I really like the styling of the triple dates i.e. Zodiac, Movado, Venus and a few others.

Any real pitfalls to purchasing this style and should I be concerned that some of the lines might no longer exist or have been bought and forgotten
    by their current owners? Who can service these because I assume after purchase it will need to be looked at.

Is there any watch lines I should stay away from? Or any one that is considered a better fit and finish since it appears many use the same base movement.

edit ment Zodiac, not Zenith, but like those too.
    Last edited by stretchypants; August 22nd, 2014 at 03:53.

Re: Decision Made. Unless you can talk me out of it. Next purchase will be vintage triple date.

If you do not wear it every day, it may be difficult or time consuming to setup the date.

One think that irks me with these watches is to have an index on the dial not changing for 1 month - after a while it gets boring.

Re: Decision Made. Unless you can talk me out of it. Next purchase will be vintage triple date.

I guess since I am new to purchasing nicer and classier watches, these fascinate me. The only real watches I have of substance are a Eco Drive and a Raymond Weil Freelancer. Not much of a collection after seeing what is out there.

Thread Information