Decisions Decisions. Would appreciate your guys advice on these 3 watches (also open to suggestions)

Thread: Decisions Decisions. Would appreciate your guys advice on these 3 watches (also open to suggestions)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Decisions Decisions. Would appreciate your guys advice on these 3 watches (also open to suggestions)

Hey Guys,

I am new here and Ive spent a few hours browsing and reviewing stickies over the past few weeks. All great stuff and a great community! Im not the most fashionable individual but I have always been drawn to watches and am looking to get a new watch. Turns out im not alone, people notice watches and are attracted to them; I just got back from Vegas and was called out by several people for not wearing a nice watch (being a single dude hearing that from two females hurt my ego!)
    So, all that being said, Im 27 y/o and I only own a G-shock. I have been in phone sales phone sales for 6 years , office attire has always been pretty casual and I never felt obligated to a nice time piece.

I literally just started my own company as of this month and my platform will now be telephone and in person. My business will be regional compared to nationwide and I will be working with clients in my office but also trying to develop relationships with developers and Realtor's. Its an extremely competitive business and I am always looking for an edge up and appearance is of the most important. The new business and negative feedback from the chicks in Vegas have acted as a catalyst to get a new watch! Id like to be a bit more strategic compared to the last time I bought a watch (was 20 y/o dumb kid making stupid good money and dropped 10k on a Breitling which I later sold for half that. Even thinking back frustrates me!).

I could really use everyones help! Ive done some research and found a few watches and am having trouble making a decision. I would greatly appreciate your feedback on which watch you like the best BUT I am also open to other suggestions from those who are more in the know!

Here is what im looking for (also below are a few watches I would like your guys opinion on):

• Budget of $1500. Starting a business limits what I can spend, not to mention some of the watches I liked were only in the 500 range.
    • Good starter/every day watch. I dont have a rotation yet, so something durable.
    • I want something that is going to stand out, something on the flashier side
    • Something with a large face
    • Im ok with being adventurous. Ive been attracted to some rose gold watches, watches with blue faces, etc-At the same point, I want a watch that matches well with most clothing
    • At the same time, im also looking for something that matches well with most clothing
    • ​I also am looking for a metal bracelet vs leather strap

PRC 200 Quartz Chronograph Men's Watch with Stainless Steel Bracelet:

I love the lay out of the watch, clean, stylish and classy. I like the roman numeral design and markings on the face. My concern is the white might be a little subtle and pop

PRS 200 Men's Blue Quartz Sport watch

This is a watch that really took me by surprise because from a screen shot it only looks ok. Im not a big fan of the dial but I LOVE the blue face. I also really like the contrast of having the 3 silver gauges in the face, gives it that pop im looking for. Im not sure if blue faces are acceptable with everyday occasion or if its more of a support watch you wear in certain circumstances/outfits. The video below is what really caught my eye and caused me to consider this watch... Picture doesnt do it justice

PRC 200 Men's Silver Chronograph Quartz Sport Watch

Another amazingly beautiful watch and I feel the safest bet (which i am ok with). Again, perfect face with a clean and classy look. Silver is an attractive color in general and that goes a long way with this particular watch. I feel it looks much more appealing than the prs 200 from a photo, mostly because I think the lack of dial translates better. Another watch where i was very impressed with the video. This was the leader coming into the club house but now I really am torn.

thanks so much for the help! I am all ears and all suggestions are welcome. Please let me know of the 3 watches which you like the best. part of me was thinking I might get 2 of the tissots because 2 are still in my range. however, if there are other watches you think might suite my needs better please dont hesitate to mention them!
    Last edited by xplicid01; July 29th, 2014 at 21:56.

Re: Decisions Decisions. Would appreciate your guys advice on these 3 watches (also open to suggesti

Hey, for $1,500 I wouldn't go for quartz unless it's from Grand Seiko, Breitling Super Quartz, or something like such. I'd go for something with a Valjoux 7750 if you want a chronograph.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

Re: Decisions Decisions. Would appreciate your guys advice on these 3 watches (also open to suggesti

He can buy 4 of those with $1500...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by omega1234 View Post
    Hey, for $1,500 I wouldn't go for quartz unless it's from Grand Seiko, Breitling Super Quartz, or something like such. I'd go for something with a Valjoux 7750 if you want a chronograph.
    Would be awesome if I could find this under $1500. Its not that I have to spend 1500, its that Id be willing to for the right watch.

Quote Originally Posted by weigojmi View Post
    He can buy 4 of those with $1500...
    I was debating picking up 2, i just dont know if thats a good strategy

Quote Originally Posted by xplicid01 View Post
    Its not that I have to spend 1500, its that Id be willing to for the right watch.
    That's why I'd recommend something using a Valjoux 7750. They can be had under budget from a variety of grey market sites.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

How about a Hamilton Jazzmaster? This particular one is on sale at Jomashop for $1,212. Just a thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Jazzmaster or ventura would be a great place to start. There is history that you can learn about there and pass on to interested people.

I also like the Raymond Weil Freelancer Chronograph that can be had for about $1,300 via the grey market (on a bracelet). May not see a lot of love for it here, but I can honestly say I get more compliments on it than any other watch (I have the black dial, brown leather).

Quote Originally Posted by omega1234 View Post
    That's why I'd recommend something using a Valjoux 7750. They can be had under budget from a variety of grey market sites.
    I do like that movement, I appreciate you advice and there is a large selection under 1500. In your opionon, if I could find that breitling used in the 1800-1900 range would it be worth while? even as a quartz?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    How about a Hamilton Jazzmaster? This particular one is on sale at Jomashop for $1,212. Just a thought.
    Its a beautiful watch, i love the shape of the minute and hour hands. I also love the silver ring around the 3 gauges. Im just afraid the black face wont pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    Jazzmaster or ventura would be a great place to start. There is history that you can learn about there and pass on to interested people.
    the jazzmaster is an amazing watch but the ventura, while interesting, isnt for me. Its fun but also nerve wrecking trying to make these decisions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    I also like the Raymond Weil Freelancer Chronograph that can be had for about $1,300 via the grey market (on a bracelet). May not see a lot of love for it here, but I can honestly say I get more compliments on it than any other watch (I have the black dial, brown leather).
    damn thats a good looking watch! its about the same price as the Breitling colt 44 which makes it hard for me to go over budget. I cant seem to find it for less than 1800 even from the grey market.

I think the PRC 200 - IF YOU SHOP AROUND - is a good value. It is a good looking, well built, quartz chronograph. Now 1500 bucks is outa line but look around and you can find one for less. then with the money you save you can pick up either a dress watch or a diver..
    Or you could get this 7750 powered chrono for under 1500 (note 'classy" romans)...

or this sportier number, also sporting a 7750

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information