Defect on the Luminox 3001 Navy SEAL
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Defect on the Luminox 3001 Navy SEAL

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Defect on the Luminox 3001 Navy SEAL

Greetings to all. I apologize for the my English.
    But I have the problem with Luminox - minute hand and second hand are don't illuminate.

I send e-mail to Luminox company

---------------
    I used the Black Luminox 3001 Navy SEAL Dive Watch (43mm Dial), with mar.2012. But today I see the minute hand and
    second hand are don't illuminate. The photo shows a powder from flasks between 1 and 2 hours. I am surprised that the
    flask can be damaged if the glass and watch are not damaged. Please tell me how I can repair the watch?
    ---------------

Luminox directed me to diller, but the dealer refused to repair the watch, as they bought in the Internet-shop.

I send new e-mail to Luminox company

---------------
    I have already written to you about the problem with the 3001 model.
    You was redirect me to local representative.
    He said the watch was not purchased from an authorized dealer and the claim not take.
    I agree. But it seems there is a marriage of production or construction, which results in damage to the flasks of
    radioactivity substance.
    Look at the photos.

Also, I am willing to send my watch you for the examination, because in this state, I not can for use.
    I hope for your understanding.

---------------

... I'm waiting for an answer for two weeks

Re: Defect on the Luminox 3001 Navy SEAL

Bad luck.....I guess they really aren't that tough a watch!
    Good luck
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Sorry to hear about this. I'm assuming the watch is new? As you did not buy from an authorised dealer, Luminox have no obligation to fix it, sadly, and I'm a bit surprised that the dealer from whom you bought the watch did not offer a warranty of some description.

Two options:
    1 Cut your losses and throw the watch in the trash and buy another brand (oh yes, many of us have done this) or
    2 Check here to see if there's a repair centre near you. You will have to bear the cost of postage and replacing the hands.

PS Excellent photography, by the way...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry for the bad luck. I have an earlier version (1997) of this watch and emailed Luminox three months ago to ask if the vials could be replaced as the lume has of course become weak. Never got a response to the email, hope you have better luck getting an answer.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Get quotes for a repair and a new watch like Barry suggests. I know scrapping the watch is a bit extreme but if buying a new one works out cheaper!

Is it only the minute and second hand? Does the hour hand glow? I'm asking as it may be your expectations with tritium vs conventional lume. Tritium works best when your eyes adjust to low ambient light levels.
    Last edited by wschofield3; October 11th, 2013 at 21:52.

I think you should send the watch back to whom every you bought it from. I bought a Luminox from gray market/online dealer jomashop.com and it arrived with a broken hour marker and they apologized and accepted the return.

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Is it only the minute and second hand? Does the hour hand glow? I'm asking as it may be your expectations with tritium vs conventional lume. Tritium works best when your eyes adjust to low ambient light levels.
    The macro shots seem to indicate that the integrity of the tritium tubes have been compromised, as there appears to be lume particles on the underside of the crystal.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I work for an authorized luminox dealer it explicitly says not to buy online because they could be fake or damaged or both. I see this all the time at work people buy Luminox watches on amazon for a huge discount thinking they are getting a good deal and the watch ends up running improperly not too long after purchase, as with any watch purchase go authorized.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Barry H View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. I'm assuming the watch is new? As you did not buy from an authorised dealer, Luminox have no obligation to fix it, sadly, and I'm a bit surprised that the dealer from whom you bought the watch did not offer a warranty of some description.

Two options:
    1 Cut your losses and throw the watch in the trash and buy another brand (oh yes, many of us have done this) or
    2 Check here to see if there's a repair centre near you. You will have to bear the cost of postage and replacing the hands.

PS Excellent photography, by the way...
    thank you, the first option is preferable ))

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information