Deployant for my IWC
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Deployant for my IWC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deployant for my IWC

So I've been after a deployant for my IWC since I bought it, but couldn't stomach spending £450 on the OEM one, there's no way that's justifiable on my opinion, so went on everyone's favourite auction site the week and found this for a more reasonable £16 (delivered) the quality is good, not quite OEM quality but I can sacrifice a bit of quality and the IWC name on the clasp for a saving of £434! I have changed the strap too to a brown leather one.

Here are some pics

Thanks

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383210204.925941.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  78.1 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383210252.373256.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  69.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383210282.490088.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  75.7 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383210301.256535.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  74.7 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383210317.923319.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  78.2 KB
    Bueller67 likes this.

Re: Deployant for my IWC

Nice. OEM straps and hardware are ridiculous - ALS's platinum deployment is FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS.

Agreed. An easy way to save a few bucks. I'm not sure I could see spending that kind of dough on OEM hardware unless it came with the watch originally. I will say, however, that the IWC deployants are top notch quality- very solid feeling.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks awesome!!

I have many aftermarket straps and deployants and they have all worked great!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Right. First thing I did with my G.O., after dealer advised me that a deployant would run an additional $700, was to order a moderately priced alligator strap and deployant from one of the many online strap sellers. For not much more than 100 bucks, I have a nice strap and a perfectly serviceable clasp. And the original strap is saved, unused.
    Last edited by dbakiva; October 31st, 2013 at 15:41.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Nice. OEM straps and hardware are ridiculous - ALS's platinum deployment is FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS.
    If I had an ALS and somehow needed one, I think I'd shell it out. Why? because I am a sucker.

In all seriousness, that is completely bonkers. What if I bought the platinum separately and had them take care of the rest- would that save me some of the cost?
    Außerordentliche übel erfordern außerordentliche Mittel.

Rolex - Jaeger LeCoultre - Nomos - v. Seiko - Burberry

4 grand for a deployant! Christ on a bike! I thought £450 was expensive! I agree the quality of the OEM stuff is too quality but just not justifiable for me who is far from loaded, I'd rather put £450 towards a watch than a clasp, saying that I think this is good, especially for the money, the reason I changed the strap is because I love black face watches and brown straps, but also the strap is £250 to replace.. So will save that and just bomb through some straps I get off a supplier on eBay! UK based, real leather and cheap, the strap is only £10 delivered! Good quality and normally next day delivery, also comes work built in spring bars that can be removed by hand! No scratching the crap out of your watch changing them! If anyone wants the name of the seller pm me
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383230246.027983.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  64.5 KB

I went a similar route. I have an OEM aligator strap on my Ceramic Ingy but an aftermarket deployment one exactly like yours. It's been working well and I never worry about "resting" my wrist on any counters with it. I'm not wearing it today, but I'll check to see if I have a picture.
    Hatman14 likes this.

Nice deployant, but doesn't the fold of the deployant sort of wrap around the side of your wrist? Double folds work better on smaller wrists, especially with larger watches.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    Nice deployant, but doesn't the fold of the deployant sort of wrap around the side of your wrist? Double folds work better on smaller wrists, especially with larger watches.
    Yeah it does, I actually wore it from about 6:30am till about 11pm yesterday and by about 9:30-10pm it was starting to ache a bit, I agree the double folds work better and are more comfortable than the single large single fold, I guess if I know I'm wearing a watch for a long period I'll wear something else or possibly change the clasp, that's was longer than I normally wear a watch so it should be fine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information