Which Deployant, RHD or Hirsch?

Thread: Which Deployant, RHD or Hirsch?

Hello All,

I'm mulling over which deployant to purchase for my incoming Hirsch strap.

I'm a sucker for branded accessories matching the product they're being fitted to and that's why I'm considering the Hirsch Sport deployant.

However, similarly priced is Bob's RHD clasps that I've read great things about; this clasp is unbranded for those that are not familiar with it.

I'm looking to stay in that price range of below $45 as brands like Axel Jost and even the Hirsch double deployant far exceed that.

What would you guys do? I'd love some opinions from owners of both clasps or even those also considering a purchase.

The construction of the RHD looks nice but again I'd like to know if it's a "better" purchase over the branded Hirsch.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a picture of the deployants for reference

RHD Deployant

Hirsch Sport Deployant

Re: Which Deployant, RHD or Hirsch?

I can be a sucker for branding as well, but I wouldn't pay extra for the deployant to match a non-OEM strap. I have a few RHD deployants and don't have any complaints. Bob is great to deal with, also. I don't have any Hirsch deployants but the only thing RHD clasps are lacking is a prestigious logo.
    wearing some dumbwatch that goes tick-tick-tick-tick-tick

Quote Originally Posted by khj94704 View Post
    I can be a sucker for branding as well, but I wouldn't pay extra for the deployant to match a non-OEM strap. I have a few RHD deployants and don't have any complaints. Bob is great to deal with, also. I don't have any Hirsch deployants but the only thing RHD clasps are lacking is a prestigious logo.
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

I should've specified that the watch does not come with an OEM leather strap option.

If so, I wouldve snagged the OEM strap with OEM deployant.

Because they're both in the $40 range, I'm having a hard time deciding.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The quality of the RHD deployants are excellent, and I can recommend them. I prefer a push-button deployant over a friction-fitted deployant (like the single fold Hirsch deployant that you showed).

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I've bought about 6 or 7 Hadley Roma buckles and have had "0" problems....so far.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

I'd go for the one without branding so you can use it for non-Hirsch straps as well.

I have two RHD deployants both purchased from Bob Davis, one on my GS w/croco, other an RHD extra-large version on my Glycine CS custom band.
    Never a problem and fast delivery, highly recommend RHD and Bob.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the RHD and it is a nice deployant. I also have a Hirsch and they are comparable. I would certainly not say the Hirsch was better.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Whilst possibly more expense, the Hirsch Sport is a quality clasp, although works on a snap shut system, performs very well and back with a 12 month Warranty unlike many others
    " Started as a hobby.....but is now clearly a WatchObsession !!"

Thread Information