Devon Tread 1 Reliability ?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Devon Tread 1 Reliability ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Devon Tread 1 Reliability ?

I have left messages by phone for Devon and on the Devon Works website requesting any information they possess on the reliability of their Devon Tread 1 watches. Specifically what is the Mean Time To Failure (MTTF) of the component micro motors that drive the time display belts and the MTTF of the watch microprocessor as well. I have received no responses at all which makes me wonder if there are either reliability problems with the components or they just don't know. For those of you who currently own, or have previously owned, one any information you could provide on long term reliability of the Tread 1 would be appreciated such as type of failure, length of time in operation until the failure occurred, service performance to repair it, etc.. Thanks, Dale

Re: Devon Tread 1 Reliability ?

I tell people this allot......Most things are made to sell.....It's ability to work is not important to the maker.
    I think they did give you an answer....Just not what you expected.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Yea that may be the message; but for $15,000 I would like to think functionality and reliability are significant requirements as well as market appeal or just how it looks. Otherwise it's just another useless piece of jewelry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ancienttimekeeper View Post
    Otherwise it's just another useless piece of jewelry.
    This is exactly what I felt when I saw the Devon Tread the first time. I applaud them for coming up with something new, but that watch just looks like a mix between a miniature treadmill and the score board of a pinball machine. There are several better ways to spend that kind of money IMO (i.e: JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon + a trip to Hawaii). Especially given the fact that i can almost bet it'll be a nightmare to get anything done when it stops working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by alx007 View Post
    This is exactly what I felt when I saw the Devon Tread the first time. I applaud them for coming up with something new, but that watch just looks like a mix between a miniature treadmill and the score board of a pinball machine. There are several better ways to spend that kind of money IMO (i.e: JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon + a trip to Hawaii). Especially given the fact that i can almost bet it'll be a nightmare to get anything done when it stops working properly.
    Gotta love WUS, only here could someone ask about the Devon tread 1 and get recommended a JLC master ultra thin moon.:)

Quote Originally Posted by jc-shock View Post
    Gotta love WUS, only here could someone ask about the Devon tread 1 and get recommended a JLC master ultra thin moon.:)
    In my defense, I threw a trip to Hawaii in the bag :)
    jc-shock and akasnowmaaan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jc-shock View Post
    and some change for some sort of seiko
    jc-shock likes this.

WTF is this ?

As i see it, this watch will wear some of the parts pretty fast.
    Example: From the pictures i can find of the watch, it looks like that the two minute-bands is touching the second-band where they cross each other, this will be a problem not so far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by monza06 View Post
    WTF is this ?

Shamelessly quoting myself:
    a mix between a miniature treadmill and the score board of a pinball machine
    I'm really not a fan of this watch...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information