Did I just buy a new fake watch?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Did I just buy a new fake watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Did I just buy a new fake watch?

Hello everyone,

There's no Bulova forum, so I didn't know where else to post this.

So, I just got a Bulova 96A102 off Amazon, fulfilled by Watches2u. Watches2u is located somewhere in the UK. I paid the right price for it - not like it was $20. The watch feels right. It doesn't feel cheap or of low quality build. The packaging seems right. However, there's something that is off.

The dial is supposed to have the accutron fork above the "Bulova" logo. Also, a small 96a102 should be at the 6 position in the 24hr time rim (not sure what the right term for it is... But you know, below the "6"). Otherwise, everything looks good.

Here's the crown and back. The strap is canvas... Feels right.

The case back has the bulova sign and accutron logo, 96a102, water resistant, stainless steel... All of that.

Can anyone tell me if I just bought a fake? And maybe some idea of how to deal with Amazon/Watches2u if it is actually fake?

Thanks!
    Follow me on Instagram: @docmakmak
    https://www.instagram.com/docmakmak/

Re: Did I just buy a new fake watch?

you would have to open the case my friend and look inside. Is it auto or quartz?

I have really never heard of a fake Bulova. What's the point? ibtl.
    Watchbreath, inhaus and billiybop like this.
    Time is relative.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

We'll, if it's found to not be a real Bulova, then I guess you broke rule #9.

I was checking some Bulovas on Amazon the the day and it said that some of the newer models didn't have the tuning fork on the dial or something to that effect.

It's a quartz. Here's a picture of the innards.
    The inscribed text reads:
    Japan
    No jewels
    Bulova

And I'm inclined to agree. Why would you fake a bulova? Almost like faking a Timex (hope I didn't offend anyone. Obviously I like Bulovas - just bought one ... maybe). But the dial is different. Why else would the dial be different? Is this version older or newer or something?

There was another thread several months ago with similar Bulova "issues" that weren't really issues. They had just changed the design slightly - including leaving off the tuning fork logo from the dial. I wouldn't worry about it.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Found the disclaimer I mentioned above:

"About this itemFeatures
    Made in USA or Imported
    Due to a recent redesign by Bulova, recently manufactured Bulova watches, including all watches sold and shipped by Amazon, will not feature the Bulova tuning fork logo on the watch face."

Neat. I'm definitely cool without it having the tuning fork on there. Thanks everyone!

fake Bulova's are quite well documented -in the main the more collectable pieces from the 30's/40's/50's era - not likely in a modern Bulova - Amazon are pretty well 100% generally for products supplied under their umbrella - although a little search brings up some dubious questions about Watches2u -
    i personally have not seen any images of this model without the 'tuning fork ' and the info below the 6 - very few ,except early Bulovas are without their 'fork ' either on the face or replacing the 12 - why Amazon would sell a model without their tuning fork or indeed why Bulove would allow that is a mystery to me - it should look like this Name:  BULOVA_FACE11.jpg
Views: 4820
Size:  87.5 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information