Dievas Vortex or Swiss Army Alpnach...Please help me decide!!

Thread: Dievas Vortex or Swiss Army Alpnach...Please help me decide!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dievas Vortex or Swiss Army Alpnach...Please help me decide!!

In previous threads I was searching for an all Black watch and with the help of others (Jeff etc..) on here I have narrowed it down to two... (links below). Just need to make a choice, Please any thoughts etc would help me no endVictorinox Swiss Army Alpnach Black Ice Chronograph Watch

OR

Vortex Professional | Dievas
    ​Jason

Banned

Re: Dievas Vortex or Swiss Army Alpnach...Please help me decide!!

Both good watches.
    depends on the Vortex. Is it original line or a later one. I like the early serial numbers as they carry a story

My DV was from a trade. Knew lathing about it, but well you know how it goes.. So I get it, do research and become fasinated. Kobold, who knew? Once was going to order but at check out chickened out instead.
    wow.. So I bought an ocean7 lm2c. Never bonded with that as it always broke, shipping off to factory got old. Sold it.
    Ok, so the. Dievas comes and I am smacked, gobs waggled. BIG. Long lugs..... TI on leather. Found out you can't get a Ti band. So I search find a Ti from a Kobold available and grab it. Now I have a watch that is always going to be in rotation. Never sell it. Time keeper is almost COSC. Simple dial, 500m diver. sapphire crystal that is smoking awesome, no glare at all, nothing. The AG they used is far superior to what I have on any watch. Better it gets. Need service? Just take it anywhere. No oils, no gas.. Need a new movement, $75 maybe. Can upgrade. This is a micro brand that once you see it,mknow it, wear it... It should be in your collection for a long time. The Ti on early models is jet engine grade I think, impossible so far to scratch it it seems. Won't see them in the wild, no comparing. Hey wanna see my Victoria watch?
    wanna see my Tag... No one will have one. Get on track, find a ti watch that fits and that is the harder part, but I find some owners want to buy the heads and leave the bands behind. Saw too many in last month to deny that
    so, my vote. Easy. And a few haveopped up recently. Gotta have the right shoe size to wear this as it is a manly watch. No dress, no bull. Pure tool.

Dievas!

Great looking watch, wish my wrist size would support it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I can only tell you about the Alpnach, which I tried on recently at the AD. Very nice watch, tons of great details, nice size and weight, very high quality strap. It's on my to do list. Can't go wrong with it.

Get yourself a black Damasko DA46.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

I used to own a Vortex and it was terrific.

How bout a modded Vortex like Geoff's?

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

I vote the Swiss Army Alpnach.

Well, if you want a chronograph, that is

WnS

The Vortex looks great in photos. In fact, most plain white dials can look great in photos but often get boring rather quickly when viewed in person. Get the VSA chrono, looks like a fun and technical design.
    I'm content with my watch collection

Banned

Well you will never see the Dievas on The shopping sites or various look a like models, you won't see many in public
    i see a lot of people buy and ditch, maybe they are flippers or their wrists are not big enough. A pilot and diver with 500m depth rating is better than 100m in my book. That said who an go that deep anyway, or needs a HE valve.
    Buy what you like, if you are like most of the members you won't own it for long. However, if the watch fits, you must but it. I got lucky, would never have considered it but a trade got it to me. Wonderful watch. I like things that are not Burberry same, brooks brothers or can be bought at kohls or target.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information