Difference between Maxell SR920SW and SR927SW?

Thread: Difference between Maxell SR920SW and SR927SW?

Banned

Difference between Maxell SR920SW and SR927SW?

I just noticed that my Invicta chrono had just died so I opened it up to replace the battery for the first time. The number on the battery was really hard to read but I could see Maxell SR92*, but couldn't read the last number. I had a spare Maxell SR920SW so I popped that in, seemed like a perfect fit and the watch fired up no problem. However, on closer inspection of the old battery I now see it is a Maxell SR927SW, so wonder, what is the difference?

Re: Difference between Maxell SR920SW and SR927SW?

Google is your friend in this case - lots of watch battery lists out there. For these, they're the same voltage, but the 927 is a bit thicker (2.7mm vs 2.1mm) and has a higher capacity (55 mAh vs 40 mAh) so it should last longer. As long as the watch can make a good connection to the thinner battery and holds it in place properly, it should be fine. (Though I have no idea what the battery compartment and connectors you have are like.)
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Banned

Re: Difference between Maxell SR920SW and SR927SW?

Quote Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post
    Google is your friend in this case - lots of watch battery lists out there. For these, they're the same voltage, but the 927 is a bit thicker (2.7mm vs 2.1mm) and has a higher capacity (55 mAh vs 40 mAh) so it should last longer. As long as the watch can make a good connection to the thinner battery and holds it in place properly, it should be fine. (Though I have no idea what the battery compartment and connectors you have are like.)
    Thanks for that. I've ordered a couple of SR927SW anyway, so will replace the SR920.

Thread Information