Different kind of screw down pushers?

Thread: Different kind of screw down pushers?

Confused Different kind of screw down pushers?

I understand the purpose of screw down pushers I believe Breitling Chrono SuperOcean have where you have to unscrew the pusher before using it. But a friend of mine had a Omega SMP Chrono where you were able to use the pusher without unscrew the screw first.

Which is most common? And what is the idea of a screw down pusher if you don't use the screw?
    - A man as strong as me doesn't need a signature -

Current watch:
    Oris Diver Titan Chronograf 300m, G-Shock M5610, Tissot Visodate -58
    Sold watches: Bernhardt Globemaster
    , Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster", Citizen Nighthawk, Seiko SNA411 "Flightmaster"
    Whislist: Audemars Piquet Royal Oak, IWC Ingeneur 3227-01, Breitling Skyracer, Breitling Navitimer

Re: Different kind of screw down pushers?

Non screw-down chrono buttons are the most common. Screw down pushers are generally only found on divers, although I would still say most chrono divers don't use them. They are used in order to maintain a higher water resistance for the watch and stop people from accidentally using them while underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by CFK-OB View Post
    Non screw-down chrono buttons are the most common. Screw down pushers are generally only found on divers, although I would still say most chrono divers don't use them. They are used in order to maintain a higher water resistance for the watch and stop people from accidentally using them while underwater.
    That is not the answer I was looking for.
    The question is, Why does Omega have screw down pushers on thiew SMP Chrono if you can use the pushers when the screws are thightened?

Current watch:
    Whislist: Audemars Piquet Royal Oak, IWC Ingeneur 3227-01, Breitling Skyracer, Breitling Navitimer

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Pls. consider to re-post on our Omega Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Pls. consider to re-post on our Omega Forum.
    I have done that now. https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...55#post2221355
    One reason why I posted here were to see if more brands had pushers like these?

Current watch:

Quote Originally Posted by berg35 View Post
    I have done that now. https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...55#post2221355
    One reason why I posted here were to see if more brands had pushers like these?
    Some examples of mine. The first 3 ( UN, Gevril, Alpha ) have functional lock down rings that must be unscrewed to actuate the chrono pushers. The last one ( Oris ) has the screw down look only as the rings don't function.

Thread Information