Dilemma.

Thread: Dilemma.

Dilemma.

While i save for a new watch, I will be travelling to new york shortly. at the moment, i only am willing to bring $400 as i am saving for my Oris BC3+. I want to get a beater of some sort and i was considering some sort of vintage military watch. I don't really know much about vintage watches, but i like the designs IWC has (but not the IWC prices). I always liked the fleiger design, but i am not sure if getting one would be the wisest choice. Are there any watch shops in new york that specialize in military watches/vintage watches?

Also... could a vintage watch be used as a beater?

Thanks guys

Banned

Google New York watch stores

or something like that. About 12 names and a map come up.

Re: Dilemma.

Make sure you visit a reputable place, I've seen Rolex's' for $30. on every other street corner in the city!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

True that, i know i won't be buying from any hole in the wall place

There are a lot of vintage beaters that aren't really worth much money just because there so many made and not much interest in them. I would check the bay, just search vintage Seiko and you can kinda get an idea of something decent. Really can't go wrong with Seiko for a beater!!

I don't want to buy off of the internet, for the fact that i will be in the states for only about a week, which will mean i will have to ship to Canada which will ship in 4 weeks with almost 20% duties!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLouis View Post
    While i save for a new watch, I will be travelling to new york shortly. at the moment, i only am willing to bring $400 as i am saving for my Oris BC3+. I want to get a beater of some sort and i was considering some sort of vintage military watch. I don't really know much about vintage watches, but i like the designs IWC has (but not the IWC prices). I always liked the fleiger design, but i am not sure if getting one would be the wisest choice. Are there any watch shops in new york that specialize in military watches/vintage watches?

Also... could a vintage watch be used as a beater?

Thanks guys

$400 is a good slice towards your Oris (which is a great watch to save for). I would spend as little as possible right now and put everything you can towards the Oris. Seiko is a great watch to fill the gap and it will serve you well even after you have the Oris.

Matt

Yes, i already have $720 but when i get money is usually on Christmas and My birthday (november 08) So it is quite far away. I don't know how to get money in between... I think i may get like $50 or something in between
    Quote Originally Posted by AIKO View Post
    $400 is a good slice towards your Oris (which is a great watch to save for). I would spend as little as possible right now and put everything you can towards the Oris. Seiko is a great watch to fill the gap and it will serve you well even after you have the Oris.

Matt
    Last edited by HenryLouis; January 17th, 2009 at 17:41.

Thread Information