Discount for display watch?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Discount for display watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Discount for display watch?

Found a watch I like, although there are many many I like . The chain of shops sells all their watches at a minimum of 30% below RRP (RRP is a con anyway but that's another story).
    The watch has a list of £299 and shop has it for £189. I can't find same watch cheaper anywhere even in net, cheapest I can find is about £235!!!

I believe this particular branch only has the window display model.

Do you think I should try and get a discount? If so what sort of amount do you think might be appropriate?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Discount for display watch?

You could try, but at that price, I'd wouldn't have given you one.
    ched999uk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    Which watch and shop are we talking?
    Small uk chain with about 25 shops. Watch is a Citizen scuba fin chrono in blue with stainless bezel and bracelet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If it's already significantly cheaper than you can find anywhere, and doesn't show any visible sign of wear or damage as a result of being a display model, I wouldn't push my luck!
    Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

Doesn't matter what the list is, that's just a made up #, if the display model is the only one they have to sell you at the time, ask them for a discount.
    Its only a watch, not a kidney, the worst they can say is no.

You might ask if they could ship a new watch in from another branch, or you could ask for a small discount, but it's likely to a token amount at best.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

It's funny that at the high end you always get the display models but at this price it is seen as a disadvantage

no harm asking

Thanks everyone. Nice to see a wide range of opinions. I will see what condition it is in and see how it goes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jp123 View Post
    It's funny that at the high end you always get the display models but at this price it is seen as a disadvantage
    At the high-end, there is almost never more than one of the same model in the store.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information