Diseased WIS has 24mm straps, needs a watch to go with them, and needs help!
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Diseased WIS has 24mm straps, needs a watch to go with them, and needs help!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Diseased WIS has 24mm straps, needs a watch to go with them, and needs help!

Need some help please! Either your recommendations for a new watch, or the number of a good shrink in Southern California.

For reasons that don't matter, I have amassed six 24mm straps, in brown and black leather, navy cordura, and army green silicon. All quite nice.
    Can anyone recommend a watch with dimensions of 42-43mm max diameter x max 52mm L2L watch with 24mm lugs so I can use these straps?
    I can also handle 44mm-45mm diameter, but L2L would have to considerably more compact, no more than 48mm-49mm.
    I'm looking for something multi-function, so automatic, mechanical or quartz is fine, and a chronograph, GMT/dual time/UTC, moon phase or calendar is preferred.
    Recommendations for a three-hander/time-only watch are totally cool, especially if it has a small seconds sub-dial and a power reserve, but I would really prefer something w/complications.
    No divers either please, since the majority of these straps are leather. Otherwise, dress, pilot, field, casual is fine; open to any kind of dial color/style/brand.
    Gross budget is $600.00, so please let's keep MSRP at $1k and under if possible.
    I realize this is a tough one. I spent an hour this weekend and came up with a Perrelet T-Class automatic at 42mm x 24mm lugs, but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

I do realize I'm displaying the symptoms of a truly diseased WIS, who is using an excess supply of straps to justify the purchase of a new watch, but I'm confident that I won't be judged here at WUS.

Thanks for any recommendations!
    MikeCrunch likes this.

Re: Diseased WIS has 24mm straps, needs a watch to go with them, and needs help!

Was about to suggest a Panerai until I see the budget...what about the numerous luminor homages? Like Magrette,spinnaker etc?
    Nokie likes this.

Re: Diseased WIS has 24mm straps, needs a watch to go with them, and needs help!

Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    Was about to suggest a Panerai until I see the budget...what about the numerous luminor homages? Like Magrette,spinnaker etc?
    Off to a good start -- Magrette is a brand I've admired before, and Spinnaker I don't know much about. Thanks, I'll take a look!
    Synequano and MikeCrunch like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dan Henry 1970 44mm version takes 24mm straps and has 50.5mm lug to lug. Your straps sound like they will look good on it.
    link
    Vioviv likes this.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/%24...v-4919725.html

Just wait for the inevitable markdown.
    Vioviv likes this.

Lum tec probably have the same lugs size

I’ve never had one,but do square B&R have wide lugs as well?
    Vioviv likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blobtech View Post
    Dan Henry 1970 44mm version takes 24mm straps and has 50.5mm lug to lug. Your straps sound like they will look good on it.
    link
    I love Dan Henry! I'll check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneMore View Post
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/%24...v-4919725.html

Just wait for the inevitable markdown.
    Hahaha! But nobody posted a picture of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    Lum tec probably have the same lugs size

I’ve never had one,but do square B&R have wide lugs as well?
    Lum Tec is another brand that I've admired from afar, especially since they're an Ohio based company. I read somewhere that Lum Tec's parent company assembles watches for Oak & Oscar as well.

Thanks guys for the input! I was really stumped but now I've got some good leads ...
    If only that Invicta will come down to $600! Also, I gotta find this Invicta TV channel ...

They don't come up often used, but French made MAT watches are mostly on 24mm and quite interesting if you can find one.
    Vioviv likes this.

Citizen AT World Timers, Navi-Timers..
    Vioviv likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]_180 View Post
    Citizen AT World Timers, Navi-Timers..
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_lantern View Post
    They don't come up often used, but French made MAT watches are mostly on 24mm and quite interesting if you can find one.
    Appreciate the ideas gents & I'll check them out.
    Oddly, I've never owned a Citizen. I've owned plenty of Miyotas. And I've owned a couple of HMTs, which used a Miyota-clone mechanical movement, and was created as a partnership with Citizen in the 1950s.

MAT is entirely new to me. Love to have new brands to research!

Thanks!
    fire_lantern likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information