WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Display case finished!

724 views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Mechanical93 
#1 ·
Painted it up, with a marble black on white. Upholstered it with batting and felt. I love it.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks guys, it was just a fun weekend project. I was suppose to drop a big oak tree, couldnt get the lift, so i just made this haha.

No, not rude atall. I agree it could have been better, i would had to have used hardwood to make the door trim more narrow. As i said, it is only mdf, so strips 4ft long would have made for a torsion happy door. To make them from steel that long id have to use around 1/4 angle iron, unfortunatly i dont own a plasma cutter. :(.

Ultimately, i would have prefered a hardwood, but im a eng. Student.......so im always trying to be easy on my wallet.

With that said, youre welcome to the Cad files, i can email them to you as a pdf. You can use a nice hardwood, narrow the trim. Just rip it more narrow with the saw, at 45° it will still miter the same size. Id like to see it, would be very nice.

Thanks

Cody

#11 ·
props to you. it's more than I could do. I guess my only concern would be having some of those watches fall and then chipping the watches below.

#13 ·
Lovely. We should all appreciate the ability we have been given to build with our own two hands -- and not just buy from the store.

#15 ·
I like the concept, cool weekend project. As mentioned by someone else I also would have gone in a different direction on the paint, maybe solid black. Maybe the hinges could have been on the bottom so that the door drops down (that way you don't have to hold it open) but of course you would need to secure the door when closed with a latch or strong magnet. Anyway, not trying to tear it apart, cool project and thanks for sharing.

#17 ·
The excuse to buy more.......was exactly why i made it. Also making it on the cheap, gives me a little more cash for watches.

Just like tool boxes, i had buddies buy Snappy tool boxes for 10k, then come ask to borrow a wrench.....id rather fill it with goodies than spend a ton on what i store themm in.

A shoe box of rolex is worth more than a burl box with casio.

However, i do love casio....

Thanks

Cody

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.