Do all Lemania mov'ts have a serial number?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rod H
  • 1 Post By Rod H

Thread: Do all Lemania mov'ts have a serial number?

Do all Lemania mov'ts have a serial number?

I recently purchased two manual-wind vintage '60's calibre 3000 Lemania watches. One has the Crown logo over the name and the other no crown over "Lemania". The one with the Crown logo has a serial number stamped on the movement. The movement of the other has no serial number. I am lead to believe the "Crown" version is made to a higher standard. Is this why the movement is numbered and the other is not numbered?

All info gratefully received.

I posted this question on another board that was supposedly a "Lemania" forum and didn't received one response. Perhaps I'll do better here. I'll also post these in the "Vintage" sub-forum.
    CorneliusT likes this.

Re: Do all Lemania mov'ts have a serial number?

I would try reposting this in the "Pocket Watch and Vintage" forum of this site to get opinions from members with vintage experience.

Most of the Lemania's I have seen have serial numbers, but that does not mean all do, as I am limited in my experience with this movement.
    Last edited by Nokie; May 18th, 2014 at 02:49.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rod H View Post
    I recently purchased two manual-wind vintage '60's calibre 3000 Lemania watches. One has the Crown logo over the name and the other no crown over "Lemania". The one with the Crown logo has a serial number stamped on the movement. The movement of the other has no serial number. I am lead to believe the "Crown" version is made to a higher standard. Is this why the movement is numbered and the other is not numbered?

All info gratefully received.

I posted this question on another board that was supposedly a "Lemania" forum and didn't received one response. Perhaps I'll do better here. I'll also post these in the "Vintage" sub-forum.
    it would be useful and interesting to see images these watches - presumably they are military! they produced military pieces for several separate armed forces - particularly the British -a little homework leads me to think there are not many if any records for lemania serial nos available - also lemania movements were also 'highjacked ' by the likes of Tissot and Omega -and rebranded by them in their name -sorry to be of little help -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pics of movements:
    Name:  face watch 1.JPG
Views: 290
Size:  185.5 KB
    Name:  mov't watch 1.JPG
Views: 294
Size:  224.6 KB
    Name:  face watch 2.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  60.8 KBName:  mov't watch 2.JPG
Views: 291
Size:  82.0 KB
    As you can see one is numbered and one isn't.
    shameless likes this.

Thread Information