Do you feel satisfied with your current collection?
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Do you feel satisfied with your current collection?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Do you feel satisfied with your current collection?

The past couple of days I've been thinking of streamlining my collection, bringing the number of serious pieces to 4 watches. What a OCD driven nightmare this has been! My main reason for choosing 4 is that from experience, 4 is the magic number where each watch gets the most use. Also, with 4 I can keep them all winded on my wrist, as I usually change watches once a day after I change out of work clothes.

I've spent more than what one would consider a reasonable amount of time on this subject, I've been trying to compare and contrast the benefits of each piece I have, trying to quantify how much I like each piece using written notes, excel spreadsheets with pictures, trying each on daily, etc.

I've finally got a somewhat idea of what 4 pieces I'd like to have, but even that may change if I flip a watch and buy another to fill that slot. (This option makes the decision making process that much harder)

1.) Sporty aviation inspired luxury chronograph

The Bremont Alt1-C in Green

Maybe I'm still in the honeymoon period with this watch but I love the watch. In fact its very hard to find anything wrong with it. In real life, the green dial shines with radiance and looks very beautiful. I wear this with smart casual to casual attire. Sometimes even get to wear to office if my shirt cuff is big enough to contain it. In addition, the brushed hardened steel has a dark grey shine to it, noticeable different from regular stainless steel in a good way.

2.) The Dress Watch.

Patek 5110g World Timer

This is my dress watch. To be honest this is one of the pieces I'm thinking about replacing. To its favor, its a Patek, which to me a is a milestone in my horological pursuit. Beautiful white gold calatrava case. It also has an unusual world timer complication. In addition, the guilloche working on the dial is some of the most exquisite I have ever seen. All packed in a tradition 37mm case, and also I changed the strap to a Navy/Gray croc strap which looks fricking amazing.

Okay now the complaints: Firstly its too expensive. Its not outta my budget, but I'm always afraid I will lose it or have it stolen. I actively worry during the workday whether or not the watch is safe at home. Secondy, I feel it is a little smaller that I'd like, if only by a tiny tiny bit. Also, the time is hard to read because the time function is in the center subdial. The dauphine hands have no color contrast with the guilloche dial so its not very legible.

But then I look up her skirt and see this.... and forget all her shortcomings.

3.) The daily wearer

Rolex Milgauss GV

What can I say, this watch is ultimate in comfortable. I feel I can wear it to the office, downtown at a bar, or even naked in a sauna (maybe going to far here). No wonder its my daily office wearer. It feels natural no matter the environment, and its classic Rolex without any of the pretentiousness. Plus its green has a lightning bolt, how cool is that!

4.) The weekender/party watch

Calibre de Cartier

When the dress code says smart casual, I go to this watch. Its beautiful, and gold. Gets the good type of attention when going to bars or get togethers with friends.. Women compliment it the most (not the pricetag but the style!) I love the size, its big enough to be bold, but its a very thin watch that fits in most of my shirt cuffs.

Also I'm planning to sell a PAM 111 and Longines Evidenza. This consolidates the collection to 4 pieces. In addition, I have a G-Shock and another fashion watch which were gifts and I cant sell.
    Current Collection

Patek 5110g
    Cartier Calibre W7100009
    PAM 111
    Rolex Milgauss GV
    Rolex Explorer I 114270
    Longines Evidenza Chronograph
    GShock

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Do you feel satisfied with your current collection?

Extremely nice collection. Congrats.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

What a fantastic collection you have there!! I really like the Bremont.

I also applaud you for your efforts and discipline in streamlining them.

I do agree to a large extend regarding your PP ... more specifically with World Timers. This could be a function of my sign of aging....so it is really not easy to tell time on most of these world timers.

Based on what you have reasoned, you have definitely thought thru this. So, get cracking and enjoy the 4 remaining pieces!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful collection you have there there. I like the Bremont's unique color especially

this is a kickass and different'ish collection. beautiful

I am more than happy with my collection, it's a work in process and I am more than happy to say it's been a very fun journey this year.

1)Omega Speedmaster pro: this little vintage chrono is just a joy to look at, the lemania movement(with sapphire display back) is a little vintage workhorse.

2)Rolex Submariner: No date, no BS diver. Great everyday/"beater" watch, goes well with everything and tough as a nail. Old bracelet and clasp is very comfortable to wear and slip under the shirt cuff with the modest 130gram weight.

3)Panerai Radiomir Blackseal: Vintage Panerai fair, I love the throw-back style of the pillow-case, the ETA movement is joy to wind, fit and finish is superb. The straps made the watch as it could be very subtle and change to very loud.

4)Laco B-uhr Flieger: My beater watch, great little miyota movement and full lume dial for the casual day.

5)Seagull Moonphase: My dress watch, doesn't get much wrist time but whenever I do wear it I love the big date and moonphase complication. This is my only mechanical watch with date.

6)Casio Gshock Mudman: My gym/running watch, auto EL function is great for night run, great little piece of japanese engineering, surprisingly great fit and comfort for a large 46mm watch.

Wouldn't mind a GS, Reverso, Monaco and a Tank tho', sadly that mean some of the piece have to move in order to keep the six watch rule with the S.O.

:)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Milgauss GV 116400
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite/Sapphire Sandwich 3572.50
    Omega Seamaster Professional Ceramic 300M
    Officine Panerai Luminor 1950 372P
    Officine Panerai Luminor Base 000M
    Officine Panerai Radiomir Blackseal 380P
    IWC Pilot's MK XVIII "Le Petit Prince" IW327004
    Seagull x WUS Moonphase #7
    Casio G-Shock "Mudman" G-9000
    Swatch Sistem51 "Hodinkee" Vintage 84

Quote Originally Posted by liujin08 View Post
    The past couple of days I've been thinking of streamlining my collection, bringing the number of serious pieces to 4 watches.....
    Love them all.

The Cartier and Milgauss are my favorite, I never have much experience with modern Cartier other than my mom's old tank(15-20+ years old), how's their build quality and experience with the brand so far? if you don't mind me asking
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Milgauss GV 116400
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite/Sapphire Sandwich 3572.50
    Omega Seamaster Professional Ceramic 300M
    Officine Panerai Luminor 1950 372P
    Officine Panerai Luminor Base 000M
    Officine Panerai Radiomir Blackseal 380P
    IWC Pilot's MK XVIII "Le Petit Prince" IW327004
    Seagull x WUS Moonphase #7
    Casio G-Shock "Mudman" G-9000
    Swatch Sistem51 "Hodinkee" Vintage 84

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Extremely nice collection. Congrats.
    Yes indeed.

I'm not happy with my collection - I have an insatiable desire to buy more. I have 3 incoming though so that's good.
    iam7head and MZhammer like this.

Inactive

To both the OP and iam7head, fantastic collections, really jealous.

I'm missing three watches:
    Everyday-hopefully an Oris
    Beater-Either a citizen or a Gshock
    Grail-Omega SMPc
    Last edited by s.erickson87; October 20th, 2013 at 21:52. Reason: typo
    iam7head likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iam7head View Post
    Love them all.

The Cartier and Milgauss are my favorite, I never have much experience with modern Cartier other than my mom's old tank(15-20+ years old), how's their build quality and experience with the brand so far? if you don't mind me asking
    not that i own one..but this Calibre was/is still on my radar - coupla key reasons: beautiful comfortable 'satiny-feeling' bracelet and the finishing as well as the whiteness of the dial. Great size too with an oddly balanced dial despite the expando-date; the 30m WR stops me (like I'd go swimming with this..but u get my drift)
    iam7head likes this.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information