Do you find that you sell your beautiful watches rather than use and abuse?

View Poll Results: Sell, wear to tear

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • I just look at my watches so no issues...

1 3.70%
  • I wear, tear and let them suffer the consequences

21 77.78%
  • Hmm, now that you mention it, I have sold some in fear of them getting banged up

5 18.52%
  • I only buy watches to beat them up

0 0%

Thread: Do you find that you sell your beautiful watches rather than use and abuse?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Do you find that you sell your beautiful watches rather than use and abuse?

I just got a really pretty G-Shock, and for a really great price. Yet I find that I want to baby it. Sometimes I think about flipping it because I know I could make, oh, a whole $40 on it...

I think I'm going to abuse this one, let it get it's scratches and all.

But there have been some watches that I found that I sold because they were pristine and would rather sell them as such than put them through the toll of a wrist.

Where are you at with this?

Re: Do you find that you sell your beautiful watches rather than use and abuse?

Might apply to those who only buy for investment, but I can see how a new shiny, unblemished watch might not get worn when the buyer is afraid of putting the slightest scratch on it.
    I think you need to look at a new watch like you look at a new car. If it's a trailer queen collector car that you dropped a ton of money into, maybe. If it's a new car you bought to use, you know things will happen.
    For those that bought a nice watch with the full intent of wearing it, but somehow were deterred by it's shininess, you may have other issues going on that we can;t help you with
    "My grail showed up today"

All my watches are worn with confidence. Scratches and dings sometimes do give character to a watch. And yes, i agree that dress watches are nicer when totally spotless, but by virtue of it being a dress watch, it will only be worn on the dressiest of occasions, occasions where it's unlikely to get dinged up.

To answer your question, by wearing the right watch to the right occasion, there's no need to really baby the watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In a word. NO!! I use them. That's what their for.

Rick

Incoming: Heuer Autavia 'Siffert'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rick View Post
    In a word. NO!! I use them. That's what their for.

Wow. A doctor's watch with tach. Somebody put some thought into that design. Shame to waste it sitting in a case.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnaround View Post
    I just got a really pretty G-Shock, and for a really great price. Yet I find that I want to baby it. Sometimes I think about flipping it because I know I could make, oh, a whole $40 on it...

I think I'm going to abuse this one, let it get it's scratches and all.
    But...thats why you buy a g shock...so you don't have to worry about beating it.

Personally I wil wear my watches without deiberately bashing them into things but without getting into a cold weat over the consequences...a scratch here and a ding there is inevitable for most pieces...even those worn to formal events only.

in fact the watches I sell are the ones I don't wear regularly but not because I am scared to.

I wear mine all the time, but as mentioned above, if you wear them in the conditions they were designed for, theres no real need to baby them. I am careful with my B&M, and the omega also but i certainly have no problems wearing them for most occasions, but the TAG and seiko get hammered and i dont really care!

I sold this Oris because I was too scared to damage it. It was just too perty.

None of the above. I wear all my watches, but I wear them with an eye to their strengths and weaknesses.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

I had an awesome two-tone tudor that was simple awesome. I traded it for something I would wear on daily. Watches are meant to be worn !!!
    Dee & Ricky G-shock, Dornbluth 99.1 IWC Big Pilot, Selvin, JLC Memovox, Omega Speedy Pro, Vintage Seamaster,PAM 243 Rolex 1675, 16600, 16610, 16610LV, 114300, Slava Big Zero, Tudor Snowflake Vostok 2013 WUS Amphibia

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information