Do you have any in the back?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveTOG

Thread: Do you have any in the back?

Do you have any in the back?

I stopped into my local "watch guy" today. He has been around forever, and has jewelers around the country send him watches to fix, from Rolex to Patek's. As far as an AD he does not have much that catches my interest. He reps a healthy line of Seiko, Citizens, Movodo, and Rado. But what is awesome is the "pre owned" selection. Or as his staff calls them "Estate Pieces"

I had my eye on a nice vintage Breitling and had planned on trying to haggle a price today...alas it was gone. So I asked the question "Do you have any in the back?" referring to pieces he was still working on.

Knowing I am a lover of vintage, he is always willing to take a few minutes to talk watches and movements with me. He allowed me to take a picture of some of the pieces he was working on.

If you have need work done in Michigan on a vintage piece, this is the guy to go to. He pulled out a bin of enveloped watches, all finished work going back to stores all over the country. On each one you could see notes the brand and the cost to repair/refurb. As I looked at the envelopes marked PP, AP, B&M, Cart, RM, ALS, Rlx, and Omg among others that I did not recognize, I asked him how many watches he worked on a year for other dealers and he shrugged...But I saw several more bins in the back. I can only imagine how many $'s in "watch flesh" goes through this guys hands. how many millions upon millions of $'s worth of watches he has repaired in his 40+ years of doing this.

I thought it was great as he told me his gripe with the stem on many of the womens Pateks that he sees because PP is to "cheap" to do it the right way the first time.

I love this guy.
    Time is relative.

Re: Do you have any in the back?

I've got a guy just like that myself. Few things in watch collecting is more fun than having a guy like that around.
    TristanZ

Audemars Piguet Bernhardt Breitling Corum JeanRichard Elgin Eterna Gerald Genta Hamilton
    IWC Jaeger-LeCoultre
    Omega Rolex Seiko Timex Vache
    ron Constantin Zenith

Horologium manuale meum stitit.

Sounds great guy. Where in michigan?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jellytime View Post
    Sounds great guy. Where in michigan?
    Lansing just north of the Frandor Mall . His name is Sam.
    Jellytime likes this.
    Time is relative.

Oh thanks. I think I know where. I'll check him out if I ever need any work done.

Wish I had a watch dude like that. Anyone in Miami know a guy? ;P

Thread Information