Do you have a Melbourne Parkville or Flinders watch?
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Do you have a Melbourne Parkville or Flinders watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Off Topic post Do you have a Melbourne Parkville or Flinders watch?

I recently discovered Melbourne Watch Company
    I'm currently eyeing off the Parkville Rose and the Flinders Black.
    I'm wondering if others have bought them, what they're like, do they go with several dress styles (casual, dressy), do they last well, do they look ok on a petite (female) wrist?

re Parkville:
    I don't wear rose gold, but seem drawn to the mix of rose, blue, and white in the Parkville. It seems like a style that could go with anything, from work to weekend brekky (typical Melbournian!). I usually wear yellow gold jewellery, so not sure if the mix of colours in the Parkville will mean I can mix in yellow gold.

re Flinders:
    I like the bold style and that I could wear this for formal work events. Not sure if the solid amounts of black in the Flinders will mean I can wear yellow gold without it looking weird against the silver.

My current watch is 10+ years old, a petite silver CK watch. I'm now ready to splash out for a fancy watch, but not sure the bigger styles will suit me.
    I thought I spotted a guy on the train with a Melbourne watch, but I was starting to feel a bit creepy for staring.

I've seen several reviews 'out of the box', but can't find much from those who've worn them for a while and have a feel for them.

Any responses welcome :)

Re: Do you have a Melbourne Parkville or Flinders watch?

I can't help you much but I have met the man behind MWC, he seems like a top bloke. For what it's worth I think the Parkville is his best model design-wise, and it has a Seiko 4R36 movement which scores extra brownie points in my book.

The Flinders is a 40mm case vs the 36mm in the Parkville. Will that have an impact on your choice? Pretty sure I saw a photo on their Facebook page of a woman wearing the Parkville and it seemed to be a nice size for slimmer wrists.

I only recently discovered MWC myself with a Portsea Heritage on preorder and eagerly awaiting its release :blush:

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I hear good things about them, about to buy my first in the hawthorn range. Also probably buying a Parkville for my wife for our anniversary. I say take the plunge on the blue and gold Parkville, I find it a very striking watch.

The Parkville looks stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    The Parkville looks stunning
    At first I didn't like the Parkville rose, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. It's so different from most others on the market, and a nice change from the usual contenders that my friends buy (Daniel Wellington, Michael Kors, etc).

The difficult thing is that when you start researching pretty watches, your list of 'wants' becomes much longer

I'll probably go with the smaller Parkville, as I'm not sure a 40mm will suit me.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by fiona_jdn View Post
    The difficult thing is that when you start researching pretty watches, your list of 'wants' becomes much longer
    Be careful as that's the logic that has gotten so many of us hooked into our watch addictions lol!
    fiona_jdn likes this.

I recently discovered Melbourne Watch Company
    I'm currently eyeing off the Parkville Rose and the Flinders Black.
    I'm wondering if others have bought them, what they're like, do they go with several dress styles (casual, dressy), do they last well, do they look ok on a petite (female) wrist?

re Parkville:
    I don't wear rose gold, but seem drawn to the mix of rose, blue, and white in the Parkville. It seems like a style that could go with anything, from work to weekend brekky (typical Melbournian!). I usually wear yellow gold jewellery, so not sure if the mix of colours in the Parkville will mean I can mix in yellow gold.

re Flinders:
    I like the bold style and that I could wear this for formal work events. Not sure if the solid amounts of black in the Flinders will mean I can wear yellow gold without it looking weird against the silver.

My current watch is 10+ years old, a petite silver CK watch. I'm now ready to splash out for a fancy watch, but not sure the bigger styles will suit me.
    I thought I spotted a guy on the train with a Melbourne watch, but I was starting to feel a bit creepy for staring.

I've seen several reviews 'out of the box', but can't find much from those who've worn them for a while and have a feel for them.

Any responses welcome :)
    You should check the Affordables forum, Melbourne has a few threads over there and plenty of happy owners.

Affordable watches

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/mel...d-1417146.html
    Last edited by chicolabronse; September 30th, 2015 at 15:33.

At first I didn't like the Parkville rose, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. It's so different from most others on the market, and a nice change from the usual contenders that my friends buy (Daniel Wellington, Michael Kors, etc).

I'll probably go with the smaller Parkville, as I'm not sure a 40mm will suit me.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Well in that style 40mm also wears bigger

Watch buying is on hold (for now). Dad showed me his stash of unused watches. I spotted this one, a Longines quartz watch, for their 150th anniversary (1982). This one will certainly get a lot of wear!

Name:  IMG_20151005_162336.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  1.28 MB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information