Do you keep a spare? - Page 3
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Do you keep a spare?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Do you keep a spare?

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFaith View Post
    I always have a G-Shock in the glove compartment. Mainly because I've ran out the door and somehow forgotten a watch. Can't handle that all day rolling my wrist over for a quick time check. Plus I'll always have a backup in case something happens to my watch if the day. Great thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks pal! I didn't think I was the only one with a backup. G shock would be a great spare, I keep my homage build in my armrest.

Do you ever switch out which back up you keep in your car?

Quote Originally Posted by flexoffender View Post
    I AM an enthusiast. Teach me your ways to be a collector. What do you refer to your "spares" as?

well...any watch I own that I'm not wearing is a "spare". lol I don't carry around extra watches; no "back-up" in the glovebox or reserve in my desk.
    Ard likes this.

Ard

Sorry to be posting again but this topic is like passing an accident scene, you know you shouldn't look but you can't help it. I have read some pretty strange posts here since joining and have probably made some also but this seems extreme. Think about what we're talking about here, keeping an extra watch with us or available in a stash spot in case we need them. My apologies to OP I don't mean to be a butt head but you need to get hold of the watch thing before you are wearing brand shirts to work.
    flexoffender and Shutterbug57 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by watermanxxl View Post
    well...any watch I own that I'm not wearing is a "spare". lol I don't carry around extra watches; no "back-up" in the glovebox or reserve in my desk.
    I'm not sure when I started carrying one, its second nature now to almost always have a spare around. I like the feeling of having options I guess lol

Do you keep a spare?

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Sorry to be posting again but this topic is like passing an accident scene, you know you shouldn't look but you can't help it. I have read some pretty strange posts here since joining and have probably made some also but this seems extreme. Think about what we're talking about here, keeping an extra watch with us or available in a stash spot in case we need them. My apologies to OP I don't mean to be a butt head but you need to get hold of the watch thing before you are wearing brand shirts to work.
    Do hats count?

Scenario:

What if you're going to get drinks with a buddy who always wears Invicta? Are you going to sit idly by while he embarrasses you with his "watch game" or are you going to fix the eye sore before it starts? Bring a spare, because you're the real MVP.

#DownWithInvicta2k15

Back on topic:

I'm embracing the quirks that is my weird watch obsession. I know there are plenty of forum members who proudly and regrettably do the same. We all geek out about something, and this is definitely it for me.
    Last edited by flexoffender; October 22nd, 2015 at 07:42.

Quote Originally Posted by flexoffender View Post
    I'm not sure when I started carrying one, its second nature now to almost always have a spare around. I like the feeling of having options I guess lol
    Scout's motto; "be prepared"... Prepared for what exactly by having a "back-up watch"...I don't know.
    Hey, you bought em'...enjoy em'.
    flexoffender likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by watermanxxl View Post
    Scout's motto; "be prepared"... Prepared for what exactly by having a "back-up watch"...I don't know.
    Hey, you bought em'...enjoy em'.

I buy too many and it more often than not gets me in trouble lol

Can't say I bring a spare around when I only need one!
    flexoffender likes this.

Lost a Luminox once when on holiday diving, when the strap broke and the water was too deep to recover it. However given that was a one off I don't bother with a spare given I can get time off phone and if I need a watch I can always buy a real cheap one to us until I get back.
    flexoffender likes this.

I wouldn't have any of my watches left in drawers, glove box or anywhere other than in their box or on my wrist. Not only have I gone through 3 attempts to steel my car, but watches in drawers get scratched and banged, and this is not how I like to keep them if we’re talking entry level luxury watches or above.
    watermanxxl likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information